• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Drought compounding things..

hex0rz

• Staff

You said a mouth full there. I baled hay this week and on a feild that should make 150 bales I got 30. :lmao2: Next year I am going to make it rain, on the list to drilling a well. :spend:

Drill it ten feet deeper than normal for a new well. That will allow for drought prop off.

It has been blistering hot for three years in a row. We have lost oak trees that were 2-3 hundred years old I mean huge trees, dead. We just got about 1/4 inch today, first rain in 5 weeks or more. The grass crunches under your feet like snow.

• Staff

It has been blistering hot for three years in a row. We have lost oak trees that were 2-3 hundred years old I mean huge trees, dead. We just got about 1/4 inch today, first rain in 5 weeks or more. The grass crunches under your feet like snow.

This is not good..... I have been praying for you guys.

Freezer is getting empty. Running out of meat...ID fish and game shut down Cow elk season in my area this year.Drought driving up food prices in the stores.Cattle prices rising because of it.Alot of local cattle places already have their meat spoken for through fall....1 deer in the freezer won't get us through the year.:pray: What to do?

Stocking up on food has been a goal I've been in the process of trying to achieve for a couple years now. Forecasting things, I see a crunch coming. Even if I'm wrong it always provides for other situations. Things such as natural disasters or influx in prices.Buying canned goods on sale is a huge deal to me and the wife. We literally buy enough canned goods to last us until next year when the next sale happens.The next thing we are gonna hit on is smoking and drying meats. Were gonna get a dehydrator and do fruits, veggies, etc.Great way to preserve the foods and cuts down on weight dramatically. Great survival foods too, as it can be put in a pack and all thats need is water to reconstitute it. Father in-law makes a dried meat, I can pronounce it but probably cannot spell it right. Its pronounced Wess-NAW. Its meat dried so much to the point it is almost disgusting. But once you eat it and then drink some water, it makes your stomach feel nice and full.Probably more than a mouthful that anyone here wanted. LOLBut, me and the wife prefer to stay CLEAR AWAY from store bought beef. Seems like anytime we buy any, we get problems from it. Speaking in terms of the procelain... I think its been like 3 years since I have eaten store bought beef!Chicken is the only meat we ever buy. Hoping to get meat and egg birds soon when we move. But, we can't eat chicken and dehydrated food all the time. Gotta have some steak and ground meat. Preferably ELK! WOO!

Stocking up on food has been a goal I've been in the process of trying to achieve for a couple years now. Forecasting things, I see a crunch coming. Even if I'm wrong it always provides for other situations. Things such as natural disasters or influx in prices. Buying canned goods on sale is a huge deal to me and the wife. We literally buy enough canned goods to last us until next year when the next sale happens. The next thing we are gonna hit on is smoking and drying meats. Were gonna get a dehydrator and do fruits, veggies, etc. Great way to preserve the foods and cuts down on weight dramatically. Great survival foods too, as it can be put in a pack and all thats need is water to reconstitute it. Father in-law makes a dried meat, I can pronounce it but probably cannot spell it right. Its pronounced Wess-NAW. Its meat dried so much to the point it is almost disgusting. But once you eat it and then drink some water, it makes your stomach feel nice and full. Probably more than a mouthful that anyone here wanted. LOL But, me and the wife prefer to stay CLEAR AWAY from store bought beef. Seems like anytime we buy any, we get problems from it. Speaking in terms of the procelain... I think its been like 3 years since I have eaten store bought beef! Chicken is the only meat we ever buy. Hoping to get meat and egg birds soon when we move. But, we can't eat chicken and dehydrated food all the time. Gotta have some steak and ground meat. Preferably ELK! WOO!

Doomsday Prepper? ;)

What is procelain? Never heard that before.

Johnny Crapper...

Doomsday Prepper? ;)

I have not achieved that sort of level. In fact, I would hate to be called a doomsday prepper. I'm just being real. Recognizing the issues that can arise and the tension mounting, there is a definite need to be ready for such a thing. I'm building a bug out bag, but its been slow. I'm trying to figure out how to get my EMT license so I can start investing in those sort of supplies. In a doomsday event, no one is gonna survive, so why bother? :whistle:

I think your right about the meat in the stores causing problems. Anyone else notice symptoms?

One thing you gotta understand is that people who eat meat from the stores on a regular basis are used to how it makes them feel. Its not until they get off of it for a while that they will notice a change. Then, when they go back to it, it will be like a night and day difference. I did not realize how bad it affected me until I could not eat anymore local farm raised beef. We ran out and ate some store bought beef for a little until I got my bear and other family members got their deer. Wild game IMHO, is the best meat I have ever had. In our family, we are very strict on how our meat is processed. When people who are not used to eating wild game have some, they do not even realize it was wild game. I cut some firewood for a lady that I worked with cause she could not do it and her boyfriend had a bad back. She paid us in some cash and some venison. Upon opening the package, we realized how poorly they processed their meat. Its amazing what people subject their precious meat to. If your gonna go into spending all the time and money on killing an animal for food, don't just stop at the kill. Only half the work is done.