• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I put 2657517 or 2657516 on the front of my duallies, they wear better, last longer, and support the front of the trucks better on soft ground! If I could find 19.5 rims I would go to 19.5's!Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Those 19.5's are awesome, and use factory center cap, very nice. pricey, but nice. My factory size on my door jam say 245/16, i put 265 on, doesnt look so much like the duramax trucks, huge wheel well and toyota tires. chevys stock 235, with that your rpm's will be up a bit, like having gears. well maybe not.

I run the 235/85-16s (stock sticker says 245/75-16.

I run 60# in front, 80# in rear, and it rides like a buck-board wagon. But, they wear well, and support the tow weight.

I air down the rear in winter, and up in front (snow plow).

I've got these on it..

Posted Image

• Owner

Good to know, does the same go for the 17? Probably i went from 265/75/16 to 265/70/17.

Basically the same... Go here to check. http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html Only 1 rev/mile different and 0.1% offset of speed. Just remember for every 4 pounds of tires you add to the truck you going to need 1 more HP to keep it rolling. That why I high suggest going smaller if you can. Because the lighter the tire the less HP you need to keep rolling. Like just for fun I stop at a tire shop and had the guy weight Hoosier Drag slick tire it only like 20-22 Pounds! Less weight the more HP/TQ you get to the ground!

I wish I could get a LT255/80 17E is something other than BF Goodrich's Mudders. I'd settle for a LT245/85 or 80 17E also. Gotta be in a AT tire and not a highway or mud tire though. You's guys with 16's are lucky you've got the selection you do in tires!!!

Whats wrong with the stock 3rd gen wheels, there are for the most part truer than the old 16, create better brake ventilation, and look better on our trucks than they do on the new trucks. don't knock everything. They are also very light, well they seemed much lighter when i was changing out my 16's. Some guys like them so they can install 3rd gen brakes which are larger for less brake fade, but i have not had any brake problems so it is a non issue for me. I like them better than aftermarket because they have the ram center cap. and the correct off set so they dont stick outside wheel well.

Whats wrong with the stock 3rd gen wheels, there are for the most part truer than the old 16, create better brake ventilation, and look better on our trucks than they do on the new trucks. don't knock everything. They are also very light, well they seemed much lighter when i was changing out my 16's. Some guys like them so they can install 3rd gen brakes which are larger for less brake fade, but i have not had any brake problems so it is a non issue for me. I like them better than aftermarket because they have the ram center cap. and the correct off set so they dont stick outside wheel well.

Nothing except the fact that there is available only a small % of 17" sizes vs. 16" sizes!!! As I said prior; I'd love a LT255/80 17E in a AT light truck Cooper Tire. But.........no go there!!!!:banghead::smart::stuned:
  • Like 1

• Owner

Nothing except the fact that there is available only a small % of 17" sizes vs. 16" sizes!!! As I said prior; I'd love a LT255/80 17E in a AT light truck Cooper Tire. But.........no go there!!!!:banghead::smart::stuned:

Exactly... The 16's tires are really common out here. But as for the 17's they are not as common and most of the little shops out here don't stock them. Like Right now if I blew a tire I could drive to Riggins, ID (15 miles) and pickup a new 235/85 R16 tire I know they stock it. But as for 17's most likely I would have to place a order for it. Brakes... :lmao::lmao2: I got 185K from my OE brake pads. Why would I need to upgrade to 17" wheels and 3rd gen brakes? :shrug: Exhaust brakes are wonderful tools! :thumbup2:

i transfered my 35 inch bfgs off my old truck cause they were brand new and have full warranty but man are they killer on fuel milage. i wish i could go a little smaller but like I said there brand new. and they do look cool!