• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I haven't had any brake issues either, i'm on the regular brakes, i think it was stopping distance my friend was talking about not how long they lasted, he hasn't had em long enough to wear them out. He likes them im not gonna knock him because i don't have them nor can i afford them. That's usually the big issue with any mod, can you afford it or not, like bigger coolers, or a winch, or new shocks right., you could just say you like your 16's, i kept mine, i wasn't saying anything bad about anybody. I do not have a problem getting tires either, the tires on my 16's in the garage have 50k on them and look new, and i have the same ones on my 17's so i will not need tires at least while i have the truck, and i get mine at Americas tire, so since out here there is one in every town including mine 5 minutes away, its easy. Never had a blow out in my truck so have not had the experience. But i have a matching spare. So i would get a tire when i get a tire. I think my new dodge wheels they look great on my truck, better than half the after market wheels i see. But that's my opinion.

Hopefully i can make it out there sometime, i like grades, but my travel is limited, my wife has cancer, so the 5er just collects dust now, well i keep it rinsed off, but we havent been able to travel as of late. So i just have been doing small improvements to my truck, to keep it reliable, and so far, it has been real good.

• Owner

Sorry to hear about your wife I'll keep her in my prayers... :pray:Reliable is a good thing to chase, especially when a family member health isn't good. Ok then look at it from another angle on the tires then. Look at availability and prices between 16 and 17 inch wheels. More or less why get something that might be difficult to replace or might cost more.

• 4 weeks later...

So is anyone running those 19.5 rims and tires from Rickson wheel manufacturing? I'm curious to see how they wear and what people think about them. It's extremely expensive but if you get 2-4 times the life out of them, why not save up and then get them. I rarely pull anything and I rotate regularly so it might be in my best interest to start a savings for them in the future :spend:

• Staff

So is anyone running those 19.5 rims and tires from Rickson wheel manufacturing? I'm curious to see how they wear and what people think about them. It's extremely expensive but if you get 2-4 times the life out of them, why not save up and then get them. I rarely pull anything and I rotate regularly so it might be in my best interest to start a savings for them in the future :spend:

My buddy has a set on his truck. He said the problem is that they last so long that age starts to get the tire (cracks) not the wear. Also sometimes they very squirrley till the new tires get broke in. The good is the increased weight capacity. I have done so much tossing money at things, at 55 I finally realized the sensible thing is always best :2cents:

Thats a good point. I don't see a huge amount of miles regularly so mine would probably do the same thing. oh well. I did the math and it was like 3200 or more for the ones I would get if I were to get some. :spend::spend::spend::spend: OUCH

My buddy has a set on his truck. He said the problem is that they last so long that age starts to get the tire (cracks) not the wear. Also sometimes they very squirrley till the new tires get broke in. The good is the increased weight capacity. I have done so much tossing money at things, at 55 I finally realized the sensible thing is always best :2cents:

Do they make a leather conditioner of any kind that you could routinely lather on the tire to keep it from cracking? Where does your buddy live? The climate might have an effect on the tires.

My 01.5 8800 gvw came OEM with & still running 265/75R16 Mich ATX. AT. I wouldn't call this tread AT but the maker does. MOre of a highway tread to my eye.

Same with my firestone transforce at tires.. they straight up look highway only. From the Galaxy S3

Do they make a leather conditioner of any kind that you could routinely lather on the tire to keep it from cracking? Where does your buddy live? The climate might have an effect on the tires.

My Bud told me the other day that he read/heard that WD40 sprayed on a rag and wiped onto the tires is much, much better than ArmorAll, Tire Wet, etc. He said it "put back into the tire" what the ozone/fading takes out. Never done, but I'm gonna try it!!!