• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Eletrical? issues. No radio/dome lights?

Kinda of a long story.Changed my fuel filters yesterday. I noticed when I was trying to "prime" the canister that my fuel pump wasn't running.... At all. Finally got the truck started.Prior to changing the filters yesterday, it took about 7 seconds to start the truck. You just HAD to wait that long or it WOULD NOT start. The pump would run for a second, then it would start right up. NOW it'll start immeadiatly. Even after sitting all night in the cool air it starts in about 2 seconds.Last night I installed 1 new rear view mirror (from mickey mouse to towing). Installed fine, tried to see if the power part worked. It worked for about 4 seconds then quit. Along with my radio and dome lights. No fuses have blown that I have checked so far.My "wait to start" light doesn't show up on the dash anymore (at all).I don't think my FASS 95 is working, if it is I don't hear it like I used to.My Scanguage, worked fine prior to adding the rear view mirror, now doesn't work at all...One negative battery cable was super loose, I fixed that and it didn't help anything.Truck runs just fine. My fuel pressure is steady too.HELP!

Rebel,On a 2001, it is fuse 12 that provides power for the radio, mirrors, overhead console, underhood light, dome and cargo lamps. Not certain which fuse it might be in yours, but I bet they are all on the same one.GL HTH Hag

Turns out it was a fuse. The I.O.D one.Put a new 10 amp fuse. Blew it again.I replaced it with a 30 amp and the mirrors along with everything else is working.. The mirrors shouldn't have cauesd that problem but oh well.My "wait to start" light bulb must have blown.. Parts guy said it's not worth pulling the dash apart to replace it...I still find it very, very odd I don't hear my fuel pump. FASS told me to check the pressure at the pump, that even if it was not working it would free-flow... I'm getting normal PSI, so I guess I'm not going to worry about it.Thanks everyone!