• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

6% winding grade trepidations with 14K on the back, no EB

My previous tow rig, C30, 454 gas/built, sat up, some thought might be 4x4 but was 2 WD. It was lower than the 01 Dodge. Yes, I had to adjust the goose hitch down to keep the trailer somewhat level. I don't know (seriously doubt) that any oher make would have been better. Goosenecks allow each vehicle to follow the terain, just what it was doing. Terain was a "son of a beach".

• Staff

I don't need no brakes, I'm towing a freakin billboard. The windage is incredible. There are some steep grades on the interstate (Mass Pike) with warning signs. I let up on the skinny pedal figuring to recover some of the energy from climbing the hill... NOPE!! I'm losing speed! It's like the Jolly Green Giant is holding me back.

I tow a bill board as well, but gravity doesn't care in the least! How big is your trailer?

Russ, I love that scooter you've got. Every time I see a picture of it, I wanna see you pulling a "wheelie" on it!!!!All that said:.........guys, I tow most everyday. Granted, it's just my work trailer, and it only goes about 3500lbs.!! Small compared to what y'all tow, but I'm towing this bad boy most everyday of the week.:2cents: I can almost guarantee that my truck (with almost 170k miles) has more "trailer towing" miles than most everyone here. Save for CajFlynn of course!!!

You got me beat on milage hands down. I dont tow alot, but when I do I tow 15k. Plus I did put 6k in the bed once, but for less than 100 miles. It still amazes me what this truck will do when you need it to.

- - - Updated - - -

Posted Image

Posted Image

not really a good picture of the flat... and high front... higher back... 28' Tahoe Toy Hauler Tag-A-Long

Posted Image

Never had this with the horse trailer... all aluminum & much more areodynamic...

I always thought that is what you pulled the trailer with.:lmao2:

That was our first run with the Toy Hauler. When we looked at the picts, we realized we hadn't gotten any before we unhooked. I was stretching the rules by setting up next to the fence & my bro's MotorHome. After an all day drive, we used the truck to go out for dinner. I'll have to get into wife's pictures & see if there's any with us hooked up. I recognize that I must have the bed & bathroom on the same level which is why we got the Tag-A-Long but I sure miss the way the gooseneck tows.