• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AIT Sensor

I have plugged an extension harness between the Cummins harness & IAT sensor. I have a IAT switch on my knee panel. I put it to the sensor (for grid heaters for starts in cold weather) or the resistor for override for best warm engine (lean burn) mpgs.

• Owner

IAT sensor tells the ECM/VP44 what the air density is like and temperature so the calculated timing can be adjusted accordingly...Oh Russ... Since the weather is so hot I back to the IAT for the time... I still reaching 23-24 MPG and IAT is 130-140*F typically running around here with 100-110*F temperatures outside.

Actually, now, in summer, I start on the sensor, switch to the IAT Fooler to get better MPG at once. On a hot run, I switch back to the sensor. It's too complicated to see it what I'm doing improves summer mileage. It sure does the winter!