• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The TP is Smaller.............But is My Arse Getting Bigger???

I know not many here use TP bypass oil filters like Michael and I; I have to ask, why are the TP rolls getter smaller????You'd think with the "obesity" epidemic in our country, the TP rolls would be getting larger IMHO!!!! My MotorGuard bypass oil filter was designed with 4.5" wide TP rolls in mind..........just as I believe the Frantz TP filter was also.I the last couple years, the TP rolls have gone from 4.5" wide, down to 4.25" wide, now down to 4.1" or even 4.0" wide!!! For a while I thought my ___ was getting wider..............but I still have the "Schwarzeneggarian" 180lb. physique I had in high school!!!My question to all using TP bypass filters is this............what are you doing, if anything, to accommodate the the narrower asswipes in you bypass filter setups??!!!

• Owner

I noticed the same thing to. I know this filter is not going to filter properly either because the core roll is larger and the seal ring isn't cutting the roll like in the past and the roll being narrower is allowing it to slide in the can vertical. So now I know this fall I'll contact Debbie in Nampa, ID and find out if she has update filter part for me. www.wefilterit.com

I noticed the same thing to. I know this filter is not going to filter properly either because the core roll is larger and the seal ring isn't cutting the roll like in the past and the roll being narrower is allowing it to slide in the can vertical. So now I know this fall I'll contact Debbie in Nampa, ID and find out if she has update filter part for me.

www.wefilterit.com

Yeah, I need to find an O ring that'll fill some of the "gap" in the TP rolls now!!!

Glad you mentioned that also!!!! Not only are the rolls narrower, but the "tube" is a bit larger in diameter also!!!! We're getting it in the backside from both directions now!!!!!:duh::(

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Mods.......can you please change out RP to TP in the title of this thread. My edits don't cut it.

Thanks!!

The paper companies are keeping the same number of "sheets" (can I say that here) per roll... just cheating you on the amount of paper. Same as the cereal boxes & soap. My last bar of soap had an attractive design carved into the side, effectively disguising the hole they carved into the product.

Well I dont have a tp filter, but I like the idea of the product. I also like this thread. Wher else are you gonna hear anything about my arse getting wider or the paper is getting smaller.:lmao::lmao2::lmao:. Best laugh I have had all day. I wieghed in at 155 when I went for my army physical in 1971. Now in 2012 I weigh in at 205, but my arse is still just as narrow as it was then. It is a Ripley thing. Us Ripley men folk just have narrow arses. I guess TP has gone they way of every thing else, to keep the consumer cost the same, just shrink the size and hope they dont notice. Can you still by a HALF GALLON of ice cream any where or is it just a bit shy?Anyway, Dork, MM, and Russ, thanks for the laugh, I needed that one.

I went in the Army at 145 in '86. Got out in '94 at 170. Now, I'm a rolly-poley 235. I keep saying I need to fix that, but I don't... My bloodline is like dave's.. smaller seats, skinny legs and arms. but gut, moobs and love handles are cursing me.I've noticed the TP rolls getting smaller. I'm a 'tactical' TP user. My wife and kids, however, spin that stuff off the roll like it's tickets at a carnival..

My wife and kids, however, spin that stuff off the roll like it's tickets at a carnival..

What is it with that???????:shrug: All my Buds with wives and kids (male and female) tell me the same thing!!!!:smart: Not to "gross" anyone out, but I can get 2-3, sometimes 4 wipes from about 6-8 sheets of even the thin, rough and tough, "John Wayne" TP!!!! You just need to be mindful of how you bunch or fold your TP as you're grooming your bottom!!:cool: Some folks must use a "catchers mitt" sized handful of TP to wipe their backsides only once!!!! That doesn't include the women that do the same for just dobbing their little "beavers" with the same amount of TP only for a little tinkle!!!! Many of these folks consider themselves to be "GREEN" also!!!:duh::2cents:

What is it with that???????:shrug: All my Buds with wives and kids (male and female) tell me the same thing!!!!:smart: Not to "gross" anyone out, but I can get 2-3, sometimes 4 wipes from about 6-8 sheets of even the thin, rough and tough, "John Wayne" TP!!!! You just need to be mindful of how you bunch or fold your TP as you're grooming your bottom!!:cool: Some folks must use a "catchers mitt" sized handful of TP to wipe their backsides only once!!!! That doesn't include the women that do the same for just dobbing their little "beavers" with the same amount of TP only for a little tinkle!!!! Many of these folks consider themselves to be "GREEN" also!!!:duh::2cents:

You're right! Just a little too much detail.:rolleyes:

You're right! Just a little too much detail.:rolleyes:

Maybe so; but, I'm stating facts as I wipe them!!! Trying to help keep Rogain out of the poor house with his families crazy high TP use also!!!:smart: Sure it's something folks don't like to talk/type about, but wasn't it Mark Twain that said "50% of the population will admit to masturbation, and the other half are lying.":smart::tongue: Rogan.......you camp via a trailer................has your family ever had to "rough it" out in the wild without TP??? I've sacrificed many socks over the years...........now I always carry a half roll of TP out on my hunting/camping excursions!!! And believe me, I groomed my backside after No.2 more than I can count with leaves and grass!!!:wow:

You do realize this is general diesel...and your posts are getting very ummm "general". I know we are pretty open here but geeez. Keep it PG dorkweed! Someone could be reading this with their morning coffee..

You do realize this is general diesel...and your posts are getting very ummm "general". I know we are pretty open here but geeez. Keep it PG dorkweed! Someone could be reading this with their morning coffee..

:offtopic: I know; but one thing lead to another in that thread..................... I'll try to be even more risque' now!!!! I trust the M1973M nation to understand!!!:cool: I hear ya!!!!

• 1 year later...

Mike; have you found a solution to this dilemma yet??? A slotted type spacer of some type maybe???With my MotorGuard, I'm just leaving more TP on the roll...............and have been resigned to the fact that there's a void at the top and/or bottom of the housing.Just a wondering.

• Owner

I got a solution from Deborah... I've got sleeves I can add to the stem of the filter base to tighten up the core of the roll. As for the rolls being short I've still got a few more cases of TP left with the larger size yet. You could place a piece of plastic bar in the base of the can to hopefully take up some of the room. Thinking out loud.

Everyone is shrinking their product size to give the perception that prices are not going up so fast. 3# coffee cans no more, 1/2 gallon ice cream gone, potato chips same size bag, but more air and fewer chips. Everything is going this direction. Pretty soon you'll be able to stick the roll tube on your finger to wipe.