• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

First Wood In Months

dorkweed

This time of year around here, it's hard to scrounge firewood because the tree services are going 24/7 it seems. Most of those services either.......1, stack the wood for the home owner after job 2, take it with them to cut/split/sell themselves 3, take all the wood chipper/shread/grind into mulch no matter the size!!!!Long story short, the neighbor down my street had another tree come down in his yard. Just missed his vehicle also!!!! Anyhow; I hadn't driven that direction for several days, but noticed yeesterday morning, that a tree did come down in their yard. On my way home from work I saw the home owners + some friends of theirs attempting to tackle this tree. I get home drop the trailer, and walk on down and ask if'n they need a hand. They said "Come on down!"I cut in 30 minutes probably 3x the wood it took them to cut in probably 2-3 hours!!! This was yesterday............I hauled back more of the wood today. I still have 6 rounds on the ground the size of the 2 biggies on the end, and probably 2-3 more the same size to cut off the main trunk yet until I'm down to the root ball................Yeah, this tree came out of the ground via the root ball. Drought induced????:shrug:Here's some pix of about 80-85% of the latest wood score!!:cool:

post-7-138698190486_thumb.jpg

post-7-138698190494_thumb.jpg

Hand split about 1/2 a full cord early this AM. About 10:30AM, I went down to the neighbors to "noodle" the big rounds to get them home. That took about 45 minutes, and about another 30 to wheel barrow all of it to the truck to load it all up and get it to my place. Here's some pix of the "noodled" big rounds added after I split a bunch of the "smaller" stuff this AM.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to get there really bad it just been way too hot and dry out to even think of getting firewood right now. 95-106*F outside and been off and on under red flag warning. :rolleyes:

Red Flag????:shrug: Is that a warning to let you know that it's dry up there, and they don't want folks doing stuff up there??:smart:

Wasn't that long ago that you were typing about the nice cool summer you were haveing!!!:duh::lmao2:

post-7-13869819051_thumb.jpg

post-7-138698190519_thumb.jpg

• Owner

I've been cutting trees down in the backyard. But I'm giving this wood away to my friend its very very green and will not be ready for this winters burn at all. So in my shop right now there is 3 screaming beavers sitting on the floor... :whistle: The trailer is hitch on the 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 and it full of tree limbs. Need to head for the dump in the morning. Then I've got about 5-6 cords of wood already here from last winter that need to be split up and stacked. But by the time I get out there its just getting hot out and like well I'll wait for cooler weather.

Red Flag????:shrug: Is that a warning to let you know that it's dry up there, and they don't want folks doing stuff up there??:smart:

Basically its a warning when explosive fire danger exist. Low humidity (<15%), High temperatures (>90*F), high winds possible, plus possible lightning storms...

I've been cutting trees down in the backyard. But I'm giving this wood away to my friend its very very green and will not be ready for this winters burn at all. So in my shop right now there is 3 screaming beavers sitting on the floor... :whistle: The trailer is hitch on the 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 and it full of tree limbs. Need to head for the dump in the morning. Then I've got about 5-6 cords of wood already here from last winter that need to be split up and stacked. But by the time I get out there its just getting hot out and like well I'll wait for cooler weather. Basically its a warning when explosive fire danger exist. Low humidity (<15%), High temperatures (>90*F), high winds possible, plus possible lightning storms...

3? sounds like you might be busy tonight.

3 Screaming Beavers sitting on the floor.....................what in Sam hell am I doing here in "The Peoples Republic of Illinois??:banghead:...........................sure sounds like "hell" to live in Idaho if you're a male!!!!!!:pant::cool:

I just drooled a little.. maybe more.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvWfbIe4X_4

- - - Updated - - -

Well it going to happen soon... I'm getting plans put together with 2 other families to do a mass firewood cutting weekend. Lots of cutting and lots of hauling.

Take some pix!!!!:smart::thumb1:

• Like 1