• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well fellas, I can now officially call myself a dumb@$$!!! I made a very stupid mistake! As y'all now, I'm installing an engine in a guys 6.7 Dodge 2500 because of his neglect and stupidity! Now I'm having to tow my own truck in. He apparently doesn't realize that these trucks run off diesel fuel.... he ran my 98.5 3500 24 v out of diesel....and drive it 60 miles with it spitting and sputtering!!!! He calls and said hey something's wrong with your truck... I turned in my driveway and it bucked hard and died!!! :mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead: I asked why didn't you call me 60 miles ago...his response was I knew you were busy working on trying to finish up my truck and yours was still running!!! He asked on your way home can you stop by and see if you can get yours running again....I really need to use it again tomorrow!!! Well I stopped by on my way home, got my new diagnostic tool out that I just bought from Matco tools and scanned it....I have the death codes for the VP-44!!!:mad::mad::mad:: so guess what!!! He is paying for my new pump and labor and tow bill for me to fix my own truck, and I'm going to put my truck in the shop and fix it first. After I get it going! I'm then going to finish his truck. I know y'all are wondering why I was letting him use mine in the first place...I'm a nice guy and hated seeing him loose money and not being able to do his job....well guess what!!! It bit me in the @$$ and now I'm the president of the dumb@$$ society :banghead::banghead::banghead: sorry to rant and rave guys but I'm a lil perturbed at myself!!!

Sucks... but hey, you are getting a new VP out of the deal. I am not sure many guys would actually follow through on a new pump. Plus, you learned who is not trustworthy with your equipment.

Sorry man,I have been trying to work those "friends" out of my life. I try to treat anything I borrow SIGNIFICANTLY better than something I own. I don't know why that is such a hard concept for people. Hope everything works out.Hag

• Like 2

It's been years since I borrowed a vehicle... but when I did, I returned it with a FULL fuel tank at my expense, as a thankyou for the privledge of a loan I wanted/needed. I felt it was the right thing to do.Which truck is it?

This morning, I am in total awe and amazement:stuned::think::think::think: The dude calls and says Your truck is running good! I filled it up with diesel and it's running like a scalded dog:hyper: I told him to bring it by the shop, scanned it, no codes and everything is running good!!! This dude has some crazy good luck!

He does not deserve a CTD. What Idiot doesn't know to keep plenty of fuel in it? It's not rocket science. Go to the pump, put fuel in, pay the nice man, drive off.

Russ, I've read the whole thread currently; but, I'm coming back to your post because, I've heard of folks being nice and trying to do the right thing...........but fill the truck with unleaded!!!!!!:duh::duh::cry: Either way seems someting always happens!!

I hate to even let the wife drive my truck... I refused to let the daughter drive it. Between the diesel & the sheer length of the thing, one really needs to be on top of things. Wifee was complaining about towing the landscapers trailer 8' wide, 16' platform. Daughter is buying her first house, I can see moving day looming ahead. The landscaper's trailer & a couple of tarps has actually been very good at moving. This time it's a family of 4.Wife's (late) first husband taught her to drive a horse van & tow horse trailers, but she's gotten used to her roller skate in recent years. I guess I only have myself to blame because I'd rather drive than let her. Dearest daughter has never driven't large to my knowledge.

man! this guy doesnt seem to understand the needs of a vehicle period! id still push to get a new vp as your current one may be damaged even after showing no codes.i had a recent friend who isnt anymore wanting to sue me cause he said i caused is garage door to fail further. long story short he bought a house with an existing damaged garage door and continued to use it. i just was at the wrong place at the wrong time when i "looked" at it and touched it with my hands (not attempting to fix it) and he blames it on me... so one less friend on my list.

Yea I totally agree with cdp !!I've lost so called friends over different stuff. I lost one friend bc when I bought my 06, I didn't give his son my old dually! It didn't matter that my brother and I had paid for over half of the cost of his son's s10 pickup that he had to have for his boy! Lost another friend bc he broke down 125 miles away and asked him for $75 to cover fuel for the road trip. So I'm used to loosing "so called" friends! I have only one true friend and that is my brother!Cumminsdieselpower can you give me a call or get ahold of me. I would like to talk to you about buying diesel parts! Since we bought a new shop and moved to the new location, our mechanic work has quadrupled!!! This week alone I've worked on 3 diesels. I'm really getting to know these trucks!Well I think I'm fixing to sell a few trucks! Got an opportunity to buy another 06 Dodge 3500 4 door 4x4 dually! My collection of Dodge diesels is getting out of hand!!! If I buy this one, I will have a total of 6!!! One 95, 3 98's and 2 06's all duallies! The bad thing is all the trucks are in good shape! I can't drive all of them though! But it sure is nice having a spare truck, when needed!!!Calling the bank first thing in the morning, going to tell my banker I need some more money! Hopefully he won't gripe me out again! Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yea I totally agree with cdp !! I've lost so called friends over different stuff. I lost one friend bc when I bought my 06, I didn't give his son my old dually! It didn't matter that my brother and I had paid for over half of the cost of his son's s10 pickup that he had to have for his boy! Lost another friend bc he broke down 125 miles away and asked him for $75 to cover fuel for the road trip. So I'm used to loosing "so called" friends! I have only one true friend and that is my brother!

Sounds like my friends lol. I will never understand why they all stab you in the back constantly. I am down to basically none. Mainly most of them just talk behind my back and that drives me insane because I always hear about it. I was watching storage wars last night and one of them found a case of dualling pistols. The story behind it was if you were talking about someone behind their back, then you had the balls to go into a dual with them when they found out about it, if you wouldn't do it then you were deemed a coward and the loser of the town. I'm thinking we go back to those times :lmao: If you think about it, thats the reason a lot of things have become way out of hand in the backstabbing gist of things....there are no real consequences. I'm all for dualling! If thats the kinda person they are then why does society need them? And if they are fast and kill me first, then I guess I shouldn't have confronted them in the first place haha. Ok back to topic lol. I actually dont get how it ran 60 miles with gas and didn't screw anything up. Was it a mixture?