• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Road Trip

jlwelding

• Staff

Yellowstone and the Tetons are very cool............and very crowded. Unless you want to hike far away from the easy stuff.:thumbup2:

Weekdays would be better after school gets started again. After Labor day before the snows, probably before you get too far into the middle of October.

What are you looking to do? My mother owns a cabin in south eastern Wyo. up above Centennial. Lots of places to primitive camp, a few places to park r.v.'s and theres even some cabin rentals at the base. Its very remote, no cell phone service withen 30 miles of her cabin. In the winter the whole area is crawling with skiers and snowmobilers. In the summer time some of the trails are open to a.t.v.s, but not very many. Lots of good hiking and fishing too. A great area if your looking to "get away".

Were looking to just hit the road with the 05, no plans just drive, stay at motels and such. We both hate crowds although would like to see yellowstone again. I missed it the first time I went there, those little brown bottles kept falling at my feet and couldnt walk very well, or ride:lmao:

E & SE Wyoming is kind of desert rolling hills (usually pretty dry country). NW & SW Wyoming are generally mountains and lots of trees. N and NE are trees and hills.Crowds usually drop off after school starts. When college starts the resort areas start to wind down some.Snow can come in October and make travel challenging. I seen some snow in September but wasn't major.In my opinion (if you want to see it by driving) then I would look to travel across the North side, the West side and the South side.Don't know what route you would take to get there but one could be to come up through Colorado and hit Wyoming on the SE corner then travel across the South end to the west, then go up to the North and travel back East and finish off in the Badlands. You would see all the great parts of Wyoming.

• Like 1

E & SE Wyoming is kind of desert rolling hills (usually pretty dry country). NW & SW Wyoming are generally mountains and lots of trees. N and NE are trees and hills. Crowds usually drop off after school starts. When college starts the resort areas start to wind down some. Snow can come in October and make travel challenging. I seen some snow in September but wasn't major. In my opinion (if you want to see it by driving) then I would look to travel across the North side, the West side and the South side. Don't know what route you would take to get there but one could be to come up through Colorado and hit Wyoming on the SE corner then travel across the South end to the west, then go up to the North and travel back East and finish off in the Badlands. You would see all the great parts of Wyoming.

Thanks for the tip, :thumbup2:

I started checking out other states and it just came to me, getting out of Tx sucs. So many miles of stuff I have seen for 52 years :duh: . SouthWest Tx is kinda ok down around Big Bend but miles of nothing before you get there. :think:Might just get on a plane go blow some money in Vages and be done with it. :broke:

I started checking out other states and it just came to me, getting out of Tx sucs. So many miles of stuff I have seen for 52 years :duh: . SouthWest Tx is kinda ok down around Big Bend but miles of nothing before you get there. :think: Might just get on a plane go blow some money in Vages and be done with it. :broke:

Ya, Texas covers a lot of ground so as you say , you are probably stuck with traveling some of it over again to undertake a trip up North. How about flying into Denver (or some other big airport that has lots of transportation options) and rent a car or motorhome and make the loop around Wyoming and then back to Denver and fly home. I guess you could even fly into a regional airport in Wyoming or ? and start you trip from there as another option. For me, Vegas wouldn't be a good compare to a site seeing trip around Wyoming.

Don't come to Idaho we are on fire in the southern part of the state right now. Like talking with MoparMom we might just head north when the weather cools a bit. :whistle:

OH, SURE!!!!:whistle: You just wanna keep that state all to yourself........don't you!!!!!:cool::lmao::whistle:

The wife and I been wanting to take a road trip and I was wondering what Wyoming is like and when should a Texan get the h--- out of there before it starts snowing :lmao:

Seeing that you and the Mrs. are Texicans; have y'all ever been to "Palo Duro" canyon just SE of Amarillo??? It's called the "Grand Canyon of Texas". My folks stopped there on a round about trip from NE Illinois thru Reno, NV and back via the northern Interstate highways. My folks liked Palo Duro much more than the Grand Canyon (same trip) because of the "cattle" feeling you get at the GC at the touristy places!! My folks actually said they'd wished they'd done the trip in reverse.............and seen PD canyon after the GC....................because they would've stayed longer at Palo Duro then!!!

We just did a trip (3 weeks) up through Idaho to Wyoming to see Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Beautiful country, and the roads were way better than here in Kalifornia. It even seemed like people realized I couldn't stop on a dime and I didn't get cut off the whole trip until I got back. Wish I could talk the wife into moving out that way. Like everybody's saying, go when the kids are in school (if you can). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk