• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Looking for pictures for skin theme idea for the site

• Owner

Ok Gang...Winter time is coming and I'll be capable of putting more time into the site. I've been thinking of building another skin for the site but want some help from the members. Since I picked the forest thme for the site I'm going to let you guys submit your photos of what you want on the background. RV camping scene, Winter sports, dirty work pics, etc... How I build the skin is I take that photo and use it for the background like the forest pics I got now. Then using a paint program Gimp (or Photoshop) and sample the different colors from the picture and use it to color all the site then. So hopefully the pics are colorful with good contrast of light and dark. So maybe I build several skins who know... But I think it time to change up the site a bit or give you guys and gals the choice of different themes. Requirements:Pictures have to be large 2 Megapixel and up. (1600x1200) Please no date/time stamped pics or Cellphone pics they are just too small.No racing or competition pics (Boring :sleep:). Let keep it family orintated pictures.

Yea, the Forest pic is kinda lame :moon: but I'm not sure what to put in its place. In any event my vote is something Engine oriented. Maybe a collage of pics showing the progression of trucks of all types over time. I know the big honk'n MACKs with the chain drive and solid rubber tires from the early part of the 20th Century are eye candy to me.

• Owner

Looking for a pictures... That's all the rest of the theme is built from your picture. I did the forest theme because its relaxing. But to go over to other site and they have aggressive theme that tend to spur off anger and fighting. So that's why I'm looking for pictures from you of just relaxing thing either with your truck or places you like. I'm stay away from competion type thmes or pictures. That's not what the site is about. Like here is another favorite picture... This is another fun activity I like to do!post-2-138698190887_thumb.jpgBut I want you guys and gals to get in on the action. I want you pictures to create the theme for the site.

This guy I follow on the interwebz, Trey Ratcliff, takes phenomenal pictures.. here's a Fall one..

Posted Image

http://stuckincustoms.smugmug.com/Portfolio-The-Best/your-favorites/thepark/823248232_Jqhtv-X2.jpg

Here's another awesome shot of his:

Posted Image

http://stuckincustoms.smugmug.com/Portfolio-The-Best/your-favorites/i-dLcWhrZ/0/X2/The-Long-Road-in-NZ-X2.jpg

I have several pictures I am going to offer up as possibilities and I have kind of organized them into six different themes.I am not sure of the picture limitations an a single post so I thought by breaking them up into themes I wouldn't clog up the system. Hope that works.The first theme is weather.post-11041-138698190933_thumb.jpg

post-11041-138698190903_thumb.jpg

post-11041-138698190914_thumb.jpg

post-11041-138698190924_thumb.jpg

Holy Cow... There is a crap load of pictures... :wow: I guess I can start play with some of these. Hey John may I ask if what the resolution is on most of these are thay large scaled? (>1000 pixles)

You asked! I delivered. :lol3: Most were taken with an 8 mexapixel camera so I am sure they will meet your resolution requirements. I also have a software program that can bulk up and reduce the resolution if you need something different. If you decide on one of these I don't know how to get it to you other than maybe email that doesn't trim the size of the attachment.

• Owner

Go down to the bottom of the page and select Beach (Narrow) to take a sneak peek at what I'm up to... :whistle:It's taking me longer than usual while I get use to doing everything solely in Ubuntu Linux. So I'm not bailing out and running for Windows to grab old favorite tools to do the job. Rather raw so you might want to flip back to Forest or other themes... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to use the beach scene but some of the text doesn't show up.But I can see you have made some changes so I can see more of the text now.The text at the very top of the page is not visible unless you move your cursor over it. It is the line that shows your name ........ect..... and the Log out tab.I like the scene though.Thanks