• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wood Stove Installed!!!!!

dorkweed

Finally got the last piece of stove pipe done about 30 minutes ago. Still have the old hole in the roof from the fireplace to do and make a new hole in the roof for this new stove. Won't be too long now!!!!Here's a couple pix...........

post-7-138698191634_thumb.jpg

post-7-138698191642_thumb.jpg

I want another wood stove so bad. . . They heat way better than a regular fireplace too. :thumbup2:

Yeah, and this stove sits essentially in front of the mantle of the old POS zero clearance fireplace that was there prior!!! Hoping to cut my winter heating gas bills by at least 1/2 this winter. Got about 6 cords of wood cut, split and stacked now....................1.5-2 cords of which are seasoned enough to burn now!!:smart::thumbup2:

• Owner

Geez... That stove looks tiny... But if I remember right you said you had a smaller house anyways. But you just wait that stove will cut you heating bill quite a bit if use right. I would highly suggest you get a stove pipe temp gauge or pyrometer for the stack and find out what temperature burns the cleanest. Smoke out the chimney is a bad sign (wasted fuel) just like the Cummins...I've been out every morning splitting firewood too... So I know I still got to get out and haul but the weather is just too dangerous to be firewood hauling right now. Like this evening it was still 105*F in Riggins, ID. I know its cooler on the mountain but still the fire danger is still high around here... :ahhh:

• Staff

My electric bill is about $120-150 with the wood stove going all the time or when I can load it up.... morning and early evening.Bill would normally be about $200-250. I have the furnace shut off and once the log house is warmed up it stays warm for a long time after the stove goes out. I live on the west side of the Cascades which helps but the I-5 corridor is going wacko nuts with traffic. Glad I'm in the Cascade foothills anyway.I have 3 cords cut and split which is enough for this winter.

Geez... That stove looks tiny... But if I remember right you said you had a smaller house anyways. But you just wait that stove will cut you heating bill quite a bit if use right. I would highly suggest you get a stove pipe temp gauge or pyrometer for the stack and find out what temperature burns the cleanest. Smoke out the chimney is a bad sign (wasted fuel) just like the Cummins... I've been out every morning splitting firewood too... So I know I still got to get out and haul but the weather is just too dangerous to be firewood hauling right now. Like this evening it was still 105*F in Riggins, ID. I know its cooler on the mountain but still the fire danger is still high around here... :ahhh:

It is a small stove Mike. The room it's in only goes 15x17sqft!! A bigger stove would forced me out of the stove room!! It's an Englander 13NC. It has a 1.8 cubic ft. firebox. I've done the research, and this was the "best bang for the buck"!!!!

Where did the whitetail on the right come from?

Back in my bowhunting days in the late '80's and early/mid '90's. Shot that bad boy the day after Thanksgiving in '89 down the road from my P's at the neighbors place. That's a caribou directly behind the stove from Alaska in '97. I've got another whitetail mount on the wall to the right of the stove.........as you view the pix.

I used to work for a co. that had a lease in deep S Tx. Man I miss that place I worked 6 months out of the year rebuilding roads fixing camp house's for about 13 years, just about anything that needed done, it was just like a big christmas day every day.Hadnt been hunting since, maybe ten years now :cry: