• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Looking for factory oem headlight replacement

Was looking online to find some oem replacement headlights and the only ones I've found are from lmc. I've also found some on eBay but after searching I found out they are pretty much junk. Has anymore had experience with these before I pull the trigger on them. Thanks

Keep looking. Great ones are not inexpensive.I am looking at doing the "sport headlight" conversion. Think I will get them off of fleabya. By modifying to the sport, you can have a greater amount of wattage heading forward on high beam. Look on rock auto. go under body exterior. there are choices from 48 bucks to 100. (the most expensive are going to be the best. Probably CAPA certified etc.)Rock auto prices are running close to my autobody wholesaler prices. (you probably won't find much less expensive than that.)HTHHag

I am looking for exact oe headlights. I don't really care for "euro" lights and projectors. I just like the stock look. My truck is actually a sport so I have the quad bulb setup already but the headlight housing is bad (fogging, yellow). Found those oe headlights at lmc which say they are stock factory replacements so should be the same as what I got, I just don't know about the quality. Hadn't called the dealer yet but I might not wanna know how much theirs are.

I found some new complete headlight assemblies for my wifes VW Jetta this spring on Amazon.com.They were by far the cheapest. They were an aftermarket brand but were a 100% identical match to the OEM lights. They came complete with bulbs and all. I would check out AMAZON.com I have bought a few part off there lately as they have better deals.

Just a thought, might save u a few bucks. Have u tried a headlight restoration kit? I have had good success with those. $30 bucks or so at your local auto parts store?

From my experience using these products is that if your lights only have a slight bit of pitting they are ok but if they are pitted to the point of being hazy they are too far gone to get any lasting results. I also noticed that once the lights have been buffed with these kits they tend to haze and discolor even faster. I got both headlight assemblies for my wifes jetta shipped to my door for $98 total.

The thing that bugs me about all this is when I look at my head lights they look 12 years old, but my turn sgnals look like they just came off the lot. Is it the heat from the head lights that turns the plastic?

That along with getting moisture in the housing and discoloring from the inside from dirt and or water over time if cracked.

My boss and I have contemplated that (headlight fogging, vs marker light clarity). Our best estimate is that our NHTSA specifies a certain plastic and a certain coating for the head light itself. While they don't specify the same materials for the other marker lights. I can not prove this, but we are in the chemical industry, specifically plastic, and there is no other logical reason except a rule for one reason that overrides the making of "good" headlight bezels. There is definitely a coating on the headlights, as that is what we are taking off in the polishing process. This is why they "seem" to oxidize more quickly after you have polished them. The coating protected the poorer plastic. After you polish them you should keep them waxed. When you polish them, you have to do it just like steel or aluminum, you have to sand it down until there are no pits.Hag

The thing that bugs me about all this is when I look at my head lights they look 12 years old, but my turn sgnals look like they just came off the lot. Is it the heat from the head lights that turns the plastic?

That's exactly what I have. Turn signals are perfect. I wonder if sport trucks are even worse seeing as how I have the four bulb set up. Im gonna check all the headlights out that were mentioned and try to find the best one. Time to go headlight hunting!!

That along with getting moisture in the housing and discoloring from the inside from dirt and or water over time if cracked.

don't forget the additional heat the headlight lenses are exposed to via the headlight bulbs.

From my experience using these products is that if your lights only have a slight bit of pitting they are ok but if they are pitted to the point of being hazy they are too far gone to get any lasting results. I also noticed that once the lights have been buffed with these kits they tend to haze and discolor even faster. I got both headlight assemblies for my wifes jetta shipped to my door for $98 total.

I noticed this to be quite drastic with my wife's Nissan Quest...

Check out AMautoparts. Inexpensive. Just got mine from there. $63 for a pair and free shipping.

I got my (non-sport) lights from AM Autoparts, both headlight housings, and both turn signals, for like $75 shipped a couple years ago.. They were perfect, IMO. Same with my tow mirrors from AM-A, as well as other parts over the years..

don't forget the additional heat the headlight lenses are exposed to via the headlight bulbs. I noticed this to be quite drastic with my wife's Nissan Quest... I got my (non-sport) lights from AM Autoparts, both headlight housings, and both turn signals, for like $75 shipped a couple years ago.. They were perfect, IMO. Same with my tow mirrors from AM-A, as well as other parts over the years..

I got my tow mirrors from AM. I have been happy with them. Today I folded the driversside to the door and when I pushed it back it did not lock in place. Friction is keeping it there for now, but we will see about later.

I went through Avondale Dodge in Arizona to get mine. I live in Alberta , Canada and found them on Ebay. They were factory OEM headlight assemblies with the turn signal assembly for $110 each. My local dealer was over $225 just for the headlamp.I was a little hesitant with a to good to be true thought but went for it. They arrived in OEM Mopar boxes and were identical to my truck assemblies right down to the markings and part numbers.I have since ordered quite a few parts from them directly and have had awesome service far beyond even my local dealer.They go by avondaleautomotive on Ebay and you are dealing directly with the parts department. Haven't been on Ebay lately to see what they have but I have had good luck non the less.Jeff