• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I'm thinking this should work ?

I'm thinking this is something that would bolt right up to my truck but not 100% sure ? I'm still running factory turbo but with 4" MBRP. Exhaust should also bolt up shouldn't it? It did to my existing turbo. I ask because from his add he doesn't seem positive it will do other years :shrug:http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/general-sale-section/516221-jacobs-exhaust-brake.html

Yes / No, The 98.5 HX turbo has the HY style wastegate cover. (it has a straight T3 style V-band cover, where your truck has the elbow cast into the wastegate cover.) The Jacobs number for our trucks would have had the exhaust brake in the cast wastegate cover and elbow. If you source an HY style wastegate cover it SHOULD work, but I am not positive it will hook directly to the exhaust. I have one of these kits. A guy on ebay has/had them and that sounds like the deal I got(item 271024978656 make an offer). I am presently looking for a wastegate cover and will be putting this on soon. Hope to do a decent write up and should know how the exhaust hooks up. Mike and I talked about this the other night. It SHOULD work, but finding a new wastegate cover has not been easy yet. There are some on ebay new (probably cast in china) for like $80, but hoping to find and old used one for much less than that. hope these pictures will help http://forum.mopar1973man.com/thread...out-BHAF/page2 GL HTH Hag

• Like 1