• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel pressure gauge losing pressure

I have an Autometer fuel pressure gauge for my Cummins that constantly loses pressure the more I drive it. I seem to have a air leak and I have tightened every single connection. My T connector is between my lift pump and my fuel filter, is the best place for my T??I have a isolator on it. Fuel flows into a piece of equipment I bought with my gauges...:think:.....so there is no actual fuel coming into the truck via the gauge.Should my T for my fuel be after the fuel filter?????

• Owner

More than likely you are having issues with the isolator really common. What you need to do is reload it with coolant and rebleed the line again. Also remember to reset the piston too.(Personal opinion)I really don't like the isolators at all. Like in your case the isolator is case of your inaccurate fuel pressure readings. So you'll go the fight to re-setting the isolator and double checking everything. Then if you check the pressure with a different gauge directly connected to the fuel you might find a difference in pressure. I've been direct plumbed now for over 8-9 years and never had a issue with fuel in the cab. Also I'm using air brake line after check out the burst pressure I found out air brake line is rated to 700-900 PSI burst pressure. I hardly doubt 15-20 PSI is going to do it. Also it the same line used on bigger trucks... :wink:

• Like 1

I would have to agree with both of the gentlemen above. I also have a mechanical gauge in the cab for over 1 year with no issues. It is tapped into the fuel line before the vp, but after all filtration.There is a test port on your vp where the fuel line connects to the pump. It is a scharder valve with a cap on it. You can hook up a test gauge there and double check your pressure. That is if you are still stock.