• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone know what kind of o ring is in the return T? I tightened it up and it looks like part of a rubber o ring comming through where the line goes in. Any other places other than dealer. Dont have one near me and im hosing down the undercarrige with 4.59 diesel. Any other ideas on a fix or replacement?

Cowtipper,How are you getting to it? I noticed I have diesel on the bell housing and transmission, but presently using that to clean the ATF that the transfer case is spewing out. (TC is winning by the way, about 1 qt per 100 miles.... bed, rear diff, trailers will never rust..... ever...lol... people don't tailgate long either!!!)I took a peek and still trying to figure out how to touch it, let alone get tools on it?Thanks for your input!!Hag

• 2 months later...

Anyone have any tips or tricks for getting at the banjo fitting on the back of the head? Mine is leaking BAD.

It was not fun but I was able to get to mine with a medium length wrench and some scratches on my arm. I forgot to check the last time I had the cover off to adjust the valves but it might be easier going from the top with the valve cover off. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 1

I loosen the dipstick and swing it out of the way. Then just lay on up on the valve cover and act like your giving it a big old bear hug. Your left arm can get in around the turbo, and the right goes in above the return tee. Go in with the wrench in hand on the left, I think i used a 11/16 cant remember. With your finger through the box end you can feel it to toghten it. Personally i gave up on the p.o.s. and screwed in a fitting with a pushlock and removed all the leaking crap. I used a 5/16 pushlock "T" and fuel hose and hoseclamped it to the back of the head line, pump return line and the main return to the tank. Hasnt leaked yet.

Yes, banjo is gone, I cannot remember the exact sizes, i did it in my race shop and used some fittings for a sprint car motor fuel system. The one for the banjo fitting was a npt to i think a dash two fitting, then a dash two with a pushlock ninety. Its two fittings, then a 5/16 fuel hose to the T. the T is a 5/16 pushlock T .

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I thought of that too. But the stock setup has flared ends, you would have to get a close tubing cutter in there or remove the setup and cut them off. All i know is mine hasnt leaked since. I fought with those stock fittings all the while spreading four buck diesel down the road. I finally took them off and put them in a bag of rocks with my raptor pump and dumped them in the columbia river.:hyper:

• 1 month later...