• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

electric fan

I installed the electric fans from Flex-a-lite on my 2nd gen and didn't see any improvement in mpg performance. The engine seemed a little more responsive on acceleration without the big vicous fan turning but you will loose some towing capacity as the electric fan is limited to 20k pounds GVW.In the end this project wasn't money well spent because my main purpose was to get the mpg gain that Flex-a-lite advertises..

I don't believe Flex-a-lite electric fans are recommended for HD use. I used a Flex-a-lite flex blade with no clutch on my 1/2 ton for towing... it brought the temps under control. It's been a while but think it went to a 6 blade. I didn't notice any MPG difference. With my C30, 454 gas & etc, the only thing that mattered was the AC.