• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
CSM

A tour through Gen. MacArthurs old ride... (history and airplane photos)

Here is a set of photos that are some of my favorites... plus I am playing with some free editing software, so lets go on a tour of one of my FAVORITE airplanes.

Welcome to the front office of Battan, what was once General Douglas MacArthurs personal ride. And afterwards, Air Force one and Two for a while, and it retired as a radio relay aircraft over the Pacific for Apollo 11. There is only one addition to the current cockpit that wasn't originally operational in 1969, you should be able to spot it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Radio Operator and Radar Operators station, all original equipment, as it was used back in the 1950s.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The galley, which usually isn't noteworthy on most aircraft, but on this one, it is. Quite possibly, many of my childhood heroes had a fried egg or coffee from this galley.

Posted Image

The military and their naming conventions. Even the coffee pot has a number! CUP, FOOD, WARMING, ELECTRICALLY HEATED, AIRCRAFT... Jeez.

Posted Image

Now to the cabin. Note the fold down bunks above

Posted Image

View back forward, note the radio operators station. The press corps, or military staff would be seated here on the glorious green chairs, probably in a cloud of smoke.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reaching the end of our time travel... the entrance.

Posted Image

The exit, and our illustrious tour guide who did a GREAT job!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2