• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A tour through Gen. MacArthurs old ride... (history and airplane photos)

CSM

Here is a set of photos that are some of my favorites... plus I am playing with some free editing software, so lets go on a tour of one of my FAVORITE airplanes.

Welcome to the front office of Battan, what was once General Douglas MacArthurs personal ride. And afterwards, Air Force one and Two for a while, and it retired as a radio relay aircraft over the Pacific for Apollo 11. There is only one addition to the current cockpit that wasn't originally operational in 1969, you should be able to spot it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Radio Operator and Radar Operators station, all original equipment, as it was used back in the 1950s.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The galley, which usually isn't noteworthy on most aircraft, but on this one, it is. Quite possibly, many of my childhood heroes had a fried egg or coffee from this galley.

Posted Image

The military and their naming conventions. Even the coffee pot has a number! CUP, FOOD, WARMING, ELECTRICALLY HEATED, AIRCRAFT... Jeez.

Posted Image

Now to the cabin. Note the fold down bunks above

Posted Image

View back forward, note the radio operators station. The press corps, or military staff would be seated here on the glorious green chairs, probably in a cloud of smoke.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reaching the end of our time travel... the entrance.

Posted Image

The exit, and our illustrious tour guide who did a GREAT job!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2