• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift Pump Confusion - 2001

• Owner

Michael you have the AD150 set up,did you increase the 3/8 steel line from the tank & drawstraw ?

I'm full 1/2" line from the Drawstraw I to the VP44 including the stock filter is on the system. There is is no old fuel plumbing left in my setup.

I have mine mounted on the outside of the frame rail just behind the cab. No problem with road debris there.

The only reason I said this is from driving up and down forestry road the filter use to get dents from all the roads and tree limbs I would run over. I figured on day I would be unlucky and poke a hole. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Not trying to hi-jack the thread but, this weekend I tested my block mounted lift pump, I pulled it off the truck and jumper wired it to check pressure, the pump has a red and black wire fromthe pump side connector. I thought the black was ground, black from the engine side of the connector is ground, ran the pump and no pressure, reversed the wires and BAM 26 psi. I purchased the truck used and don't know the history but the pump wiring is reversed and could never have put out any pressure/fuel. So black is positive and red is negative on this block pump.