• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

First Time Towing

Well going to work this morning was the first time I have been able to tow with the new (to me) truck. WOW, what a difference. I got up early and took the long way to work that had the most hills just for fun. The only issue I had was checking to see if the trailer was still there. What a major difference from towing with a gas motor…. I can’t believe I have been so hard headed about switching to a diesel.. :hyper:

• Owner
:lmao::lmao2:I was the same way... It was a Mopar or No Car man for long time even drove older Dodge Trucks for ever. But always though diesel is slow, stinky, etc. Well now I hate to fire up the 96 Dodge Ram Gasser because is much weaker in power compared to the 02 Dodge Cummins. Now I tend to drive the Cummins more for the towing, hauling, and wonderful fuel mileage over the gasser... :hyper:

I actually wonder how a gasser would be if it had a turbo. My ford 7.3 doesn't have a turbo and a 460 gasser would run circles around it. I had my turbo boot blow off while towing and a 5.9 V8 gasser would probably run circles around it at that point too. So I just wonder.... I know the mileage still wouldn't be there, but would it even compare if they had a turbo?..

My previous truck, 96 dodge 3/4 ton with V10, would pull my rv great. I had plenty of power and no lack of speed. The only thing it would not pull was past a gas station. 4.5 mpg. More than doubled that with the Cummins with plenty of power and more speed than you need.