• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ever look up and wonder where those planes are coming from or going to?

Wild and Free

There is an awesome site where you can find those flights with live real time data flying over your head. Tells you a ton of data like how many seats are filled and how much the tickets cost even. It only tracks commercial flights though so the small private planes and military or any helicopter flights don't show up. Enjoy http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KBIS

Wonder if they had this one? My brother in law today, but he was ok, just a bad concussion and some cuts. Memory isn't there though but they say he'll be ok. Just got it too, he's going to one unhappy camper when he sees it on a few days, right now he doesn't remember to much about it. The field is where we hauled it to, the trail is where he landed. Just took off from his landing strip and fell out of the sky, dropped about 75ft through the trees onto this trail. Gota love the media, the field shots were on his private property with gates closed. That's even after I told a news reported who asked where the landing strip was it was on private property...and he walked a 1/4 mile to find it and took it upon himself to go in and take his shots :think:post-10164-138698192721_thumb.jpgpost-10164-138698192708_thumb.jpg

post-10164-138698192716_thumb.jpg

Dang Dobienut. Little bondo and it'll be good as new. Hope his memory returns. I found that flight thing (not THAT detailed) a few months back. I tracked a plane off of japan heading towards american and couldn't figure out how it was going 720mph. I have done a LOT of reading on boeing specs and they barely break 600 from what I saw. After much more research I found out they go that fast by hitching a ride on the jet stream. They are still going 600mph...but that is relative to the jet stream air. So if the jet stream is going east as 120mph and they are flying east as well then the speed is theoretically "zeroed" at 120mph, and they go 600mph from that, which gives an actual ground speed of 720. They said airlines planned everything around jet streams because it can make or break a significant amount of time. If you are going into the 120mph jet stream then you are only going 480mph ground speed for instance. Anyway, I thought that was really neat when I learned it. That site has a lot more details though.

Wonder if they had this one? My brother in law today, but he was ok, just a bad concussion and some cuts. Memory isn't there though but they say he'll be ok. Just got it too, he's going to one unhappy camper when he sees it on a few days, right now he doesn't remember to much about it. The field is where we hauled it to, the trail is where he landed. Just took off from his landing strip and fell out of the sky, dropped about 75ft through the trees onto this trail. Gota love the media, the field shots were on his private property with gates closed. That's even after I told a news reported who asked where the landing strip was it was on private property...and he walked a 1/4 mile to find it and took it upon himself to go in and take his shots :think: [ATTACH=CONFIG]4513[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4511[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4510[/ATTACH]

Wow, sorry to hear about the accident. The plane looks like an early model Kitfox. I fly a Series 7 Kitfox and always cringe whan I hear about a plane going down. Did you brother build it? Hope he recovers quickly and all is well.

No he didn't build it, he just bought about a month ago and yes it is a Kitfox if I remember correctly( I don't know much about them).He started out flying with a Chinook and moved to this. He's home now, the hospital was amazed saying they don't usually see small plane pilots walk out of there, especially the same day. I swear he has nine lives :lol: