• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

newb from Nebraska

rancherman

I found this site in a round a bout way, I saw a post from Michael in cummins forum.... and followed the rabbit trail here.I like what I see so far, I love the lack of advertising. ( I'll probably donate to help keep it that way). I have limited bandwidth here (hughes.net) and loading page after page of flash advertising on other forum sites.. (which takes precious time when I NEED info asap!) I run out of allowable use in short order!anyway a quick look under 'my' hood:I have a pile of first generation Rams, and 1 2000, 3500 24 valve 4X4 6 speed. Bone stock. This particular pickup is what brought me here today: The good ol p1693 code. Once I figure out what the real problem is underneath that code... will move back into my current project; 1994 2500 4X4. I bought that pickup a year ago as a dead soldier.. it's an ex automatic diesel doomed for parting out. I got it cheap, NO rust, minus engine and trans. No one in the area I bought it from wanted to sink money into an automatic truck... I have other ideas!I am in process of gaining parts to put a 12v cummins, tuned to about 300-350, ahead of an Allison 1000, then a Howards adapter to the transfer case. This will be my normal heavy hauler here on the ranch. It'll pull my 24 foot livestock trailer, 24 foot flat bed, and our hay hauling wagon (12 round bales) I gotta admit, with diesel fuel prices what they have been in the past years, I had to really 'kick the tires' on what I was going to build here... Gasoline or diesel. Decided to jump off the fence and dive to the diesel side of the pool.That 2000 ram is co-owned with my FIL, and he is thinking of trading it.. so I need to fill the void. As you might suspect, co owning is NOT for everyone! (anyone actually).So, hope to make some friends here as time goes on.. Till then,Bob