• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

some pics of the 'new' guys' iron... "stuffing a 903 cummins into a '96 ram 1500"

rancherman

I like them hay wagons. :thumbup2:I want one like that, but a dual tandem.Last year the guy we bought hay from had a dual tandem hay wagon, and he was putting 16, 1,500 # bales on there. Do the math - 24,000 pounds! :stuned:Of course he was pulling it with a CTD. :thumbup2:

actually.....

I just snagged it out of a burnt tractor for a spare parts donor.

I was just finishing up my first inframe on the current engine.... and soon found out how difficult hard parts are to come by. Thought it might come in handy in the future.

I have read a lot of people calling them 'boat anchors, 9-0-nothings... pos.... etc.. makes me laugh! Any decent operator with heavy equipment knowledge shouldn't have any problems with a well maintained 903.

18,500 hours on factory original has to say something...

Other than my own fault at re assembling that engine... I can't complain! (rolled oring in lower sleeve)

- - - Updated - - -

I like them hay wagons. :thumbup2:

I want one like that, but a dual tandem.

Last year the guy we bought hay from had a dual tandem hay wagon, and he was putting 16, 1,500 # bales on there. Do the math - 24,000 pounds! :stuned:

Of course he was pulling it with a CTD. :thumbup2:

This is one I borrowed from the neighbor last winter.. I got one on order from same manufacture. I too wanted to go with duals.. less cutting in going across the hay meadows.

I gotta wait though, 10 week waiting period!

This one holds 10 bales, and mine were running almost 1800 that year. Lets just say you really really wanted to keep your head in the game and about 1 mile ahead of your front bumper!

Sure beats the heck out of running a chain mover behind a tractor @ 18 mph!

massey ferguson 4880. Those are tuned for 320 hp. The MF 4900 was pumped to 375. I've read where in some coast guard cutters, they had em pumped to almost 1500.. but they rebuild them every 4-500 hours, whether they need it or not! I had my pump turned up to about 450, and it runs pulling a 42 foot disk all day and less than 950 degree exaust temp. I'll burn up a 200 gallon tank in about 9 hours, with just a wisp of grey smoke.I don't run it all out though, 2600 is high idle, and I ususally run about 23-2400, mainly for fuel consumption, and wide open is too fast for my disk! 6 mph is about as fast as most disk work properly: too fast and it doesn't cut deep enough, and leaves too fine a texture. (prone for wind erosion then) So, I either shift down a gear, or pull back on the 'big arm' Main reason I like the older iron.... I can still fix it myself, and it's paid for! LOL It must be a real pain for my neighbor (with his shiney new CiH fleet) to see me doing the exact same thing he is, with faded paint.. :tongue:so, you got me! I am a Dodge nut, AND a MF'r!!! (Massey Ferguson)

I hope that 903 boat anchor is going to the scrap heap!!!:thumb1:

No No, thats a prime canidate for a high HP pulling engine in a tractor, three turbos off a 11L diesel feeding one from a V16 locomotive engine. The one with an open hood is a DT466 IIRc and the other has a 640 CI V8 perkins running alkahol. If I could figure out how to load / convert them I would put some .3gp files up, I have of them pulling.

post-11640-138698192813_thumb.jpg

post-11640-138698192823_thumb.jpg

No No, thats a prime canidate for a high HP pulling engine in a tractor, three turbos off a 11L diesel feeding one from a V16 locomotive engine. The one with an open hood is a DT466 IIRc and the other has a 640 CI V8 perkins running alkahol. If I could figure out how to load / convert them I would put some .3gp files up, I have of them pulling.

search Copes' Massey pulling tractor.. It's a 640 perkins with what appears billet heads. That kid has it figured out!

search Copes' Massey pulling tractor.. It's a 640 perkins with what appears billet heads. That kid has it figured out!

The 640 I mentioned had billet heads as well, with spark plugs going right down through the middle of the of the valve covers.