• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

pyrometer sensor location

Are todays thermocouples trust worthy enough to put them ahead of the turbo? I know you will get a much more accurate ex temp reading there.... but I'd sure hate to run a rotted off tip through the turbo! I have a couple of tractors that I'd like to equip them with..

I'm not 100% sure but I think the pyro breaking off scare is derived from the truck/tractor pullers which get them much hotter than we do and then they let off and it cools them quickly. This is kinda like quenching them which makes them really brittle. I don't think we have anything to worry about.. Of course this is just my theory. :shrug:

I think you nailed it with the 'normal' type diesels: probably not going to see the extreme temps competition will bring.(and, when I see higher spikes.... I'll downshift or reduce load to drop temp) Thats the main reason for my pyrometer in the first place! (ag tractor)

I am not 100% on it but I'm willing to bet on it.. There are a lot of things that get misconstrued from the truck puller world. If you listen to all of it you will end up beefing up your truck until you've spent $5000 on something that pulls around your jet ski just so you can be sure that when you do have to pass someone at 100mph going up pikes peak, you will be ready lol.