• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dash Replacement

Morning folks - I have been reading for few hours on all the folks who share my issue lol. I've seen a few pics and some helpful hints but I was hoping to find a step by step DIY type thread. I need to address a water leak and replace the top of dash that is all cracked. I don't normally do my own work so was hoping somewhere there was a write-up.Does anyone know if there is one? I can't seem to find one in my searches.Thanks in advance!

I pm'ed cumminsdog over at CF and here is what he saidLMC is the best. dont bother with another one.First disco the batts. Remove the door sill trim and pop off the kick pannels. remove the dash bezel and remove all the screws you see. remove the glove box by opening it and pushing in on the sides till it comes out. remove pass air bag. there are screws in the front and the bottom i believe. unplug it and pull it out.remove your center consoleunbolt the lower dash support on the floor under the consoleremove the knee bolster under the steeing wheel. 3 screws in the bottom and it pops offunbolt the two bolts holding the steeing wheel up to the dash. let the wheel rest aginst the seatremove the screws at the base of the windsheildloosen the nuts that were under the kick panelsthe dash should now be ready to tilt forwardonce its tillted forward look through the windshild and youll see screws in the back side of the dash These screws are with the head towards the windshield and are a pain in the to get out. you have to look through the windshield to see what your doing or have eyes on the end of your fingers. i believe there are two at each defrost vent and one on each corner. putting it back togther is the reverse obviously. some things of notethe side defroster (for the side windows) is connected to the dash and slides off the duct work. it comes out with the dash and have to be put back on before the dash goes in. on my buddies 98 12v the vin tag was rivited to his dash. we just used small screws and reattached it. there is a place for it. On my 02 it the vin tag was attached to the fire wall and we had to do nothing. im not sure when the change was made so be sure to check yours BEFORE you throw it away or get the dash back in and cant re attach the vin tag with out going back and doing it all over again.The LMC dash comes with new screws that go in the underside of the dash holding the defroster vents up. i suggest using them over the factory ones because they are slightly smaller and you dont want to crack your new dash using the larger factory screws. wait atleast 10 min (preferably 30) before messing with the air bag so the capaciters have time to drainjust take your time and its a pretty simple job just takes a while! if your old dash is bad enough its pretty simple to just break it into peices and pull it out. that way you can see whats going on lol

• Like 2