• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sandy... Was she Mild Or Angry?

JAG1

Here in MA, I'm right on the coast (by cape cod) and it wasn't as bad as it could have been (or as I expected). I had a down tree and lost power a few times but never for more than a couple hours at a time. It did rip the roof off of a couple places and the beach erosion was pretty ugly in some places.NY, NJ and CT however are another story. CT seemed to be hit or miss based on friends reports. NY is just a complete mess.Really just depends area by area. Some got it hard and others it was nothing more than a decent storm.

I saw some video of wildwood crest in Jersey where we stayed over the summer and it wasnt even recognizable. Rooftops ripped clean off of houses and buildings entire sides of hotels and beach houses opened up to the inside and the first 3 or 4 blocks inland completely underwater from what i saw. The boardwalk was totally ripped up in spots i mean a couple hundred feet or more just gone. Here in Ohio we are 8 hours or more inland and i drove 300 miles across the state and there are many fields completely underwater. Im talkin acres upon acres of solid water. Lots of trees down and fought a nasty crosswind the whole day. According to the weather man we had over 4 inches of rain as of 6 am and it hasnt stoppe all day i drove 5 straight hours with my wipers on either low or high.I think the reason its gotten so much exposure is because of the lack of preparedness they had when katrina came through. And really the only way they can put the warnings out for people is to put it out there on the tv, the radio, whatever they can do. I heard earlier theres been something like 16 deaths so far i can imagine it would be many times that over if they werent putting it out there so much for people to see and hear. Those are just my thoughts and they dont mount to much :2cents:

• Staff

I saw some video of wildwood crest in Jersey where we stayed over the summer and it wasnt even recognizable. Rooftops ripped clean off of houses and buildings entire sides of hotels and beach houses opened up to the inside and the first 3 or 4 blocks inland completely underwater from what i saw. The boardwalk was totally ripped up in spots i mean a couple hundred feet or more just gone. Here in Ohio we are 8 hours or more inland and i drove 300 miles across the state and there are many fields completely underwater. Im talkin acres upon acres of solid water. Lots of trees down and fought a nasty crosswind the whole day. According to the weather man we had over 4 inches of rain as of 6 am and it hasnt stoppe all day i drove 5 straight hours with my wipers on either low or high. I think the reason its gotten so much exposure is because of the lack of preparedness they had when katrina came through. And really the only way they can put the warnings out for people is to put it out there on the tv, the radio, whatever they can do. I heard earlier theres been something like 16 deaths so far i can imagine it would be many times that over if they werent putting it out there so much for people to see and hear. Those are just my thoughts and they dont mount to much :2cents:

Right on! Good point. I'm glad most everyone is okay Out here in the west I have been disappointed many times with the weather news saying this and that is coming in. Only to find out that it was very mild wind and rain. I'm selfish enough about storms since I like a wild ride, but, someone always gets hurt unfortunetly.

Rhode Island was on the windy side... but many miles from the eye. the high winds kept the water in between high tides & quite a storm surge. We weathered the storm... seems like we're getting way too good at this (after last year). Our home lost a few roof shingles but no water got in. It's high & normally dry. We lost power Sunday @ 5:30... we immediately moved perishables to ice coolers. Once it was safe to go outside, we started the propane fridge/freezer in the camper... has a propane stove as well.We drove down to check the cottage. I was scheduled to close on the sale YESTERDAY... Naturally the buyers put it off. Many detours & roads blocked with down trees, broken poles & combinations of the 2. Normally a 40 miinutes drive from my home. We were very lucky. No damage. The trees stayed up. No water got in. The power is still off there. We drove to observe the Pvt Beach The seaweed line (marking the storm high water) was still 3 feet below the retaining wall. The ground level is not much higher than that. Reports are the record 1938 Hurricane flooded the area but the was only hay fields then so the extent is uncertain.We got the power back at home yesterday about 5. Cable, phonem internet still out. I'm on my laptop at McDonalds... 2 towns North.We can only get a rerun TV station with the converter box in our country location... News is a battery radio... So I'll be online only during my trips out... Russell

Rhode Island was on the windy side... but many miles from the eye. the high winds kept the water in between high tides & quite a storm surge. We weathered the storm... seems like we're getting way too good at this (after last year). Our home lost a few roof shingles but no water got in. It's high & normally dry. We lost power Sunday @ 5:30... we immediately moved perishables to ice coolers. Once it was safe to go outside, we started the propane fridge/freezer in the camper... has a propane stove as well. We drove down to check the cottage. I was scheduled to close on the sale YESTERDAY... Naturally the buyers put it off. Many detours & roads blocked with down trees, broken poles & combinations of the 2. Normally a 40 miinutes drive from my home. We were very lucky. No damage. The trees stayed up. No water got in. The power is still off there. We drove to observe the Pvt Beach The seaweed line (marking the storm high water) was still 3 feet below the retaining wall. The ground level is not much higher than that. Reports are the record 1938 Hurricane flooded the area but the was only hay fields then so the extent is uncertain. We got the power back at home yesterday about 5. Cable, phonem internet still out. I'm on my laptop at McDonalds... 2 towns North. We can only get a rerun TV station with the converter box in our country location... News is a battery radio... So I'll be online only during my trips out... Russell

Glad you're OK Russ. I've been through two tornados.....................they're, "Wham, Bam, Thankyou, Maam", as compared to hurricanes. I heard that one of the Coumos.........I think Marios' son.......... attempting to blame it on the disproved theory of "man-made" global warming. :duh::cookoo: Kind of surprised none of the Libtards are blaming Bush for this.............they blamed him for 9-11 and Katrina and a host of other things......... Keep us updated how stuff is progressing out there Russ!!!!