• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another Furd Diesel Bites the Dust

dorkweed

Talked with one of my dog training buds earlier today. Found out from her that their '06 Furd F350 diesel with the 6.0h no it spent all of it's time in the shop when they went down to Tulsa, OK for a dog event!!!!! Only 86k on this bad boy also.Vanessa told me that her and Steve (her husband) will be looking for a gasser. I told them that wasn't wise if they plan to do any long term towing of their tag camper/trailer. It's a big one!!! They're considering a Chevy gasser!!!!:duh:I told her to look for a 2-3 year old Dodge with the 6.7 in it and buy it and then do the deletes..............but what do I know..................:cool:

• Like 1

A friend from work bought his first diesel last year to haul a recently inherited 32 ft tt. Against my recomendations he bought an 06 ford. His reasoning was ford makes a good truck so why would the diesel be any different. I do agree with the firwt part of his statement bought we all know he was i. Left field with the last part. The truck was completely stock no egr delete or anything. After he bought it i told him he really should look into some ford forums about doing the necessary deletes to make it at least halfway reliable. He again said no every engine ive ever seen is best left in stock form. Not my truck so i left it at that. His first trip with the camper they were 600 miles from home and wouldnt you know it the truck overheated. He shut it down before he cooked it had it towed and at the advice of the mechanic ended up doing the delete after he had to have his rad flushed repeatedly. Ended up spending half there vacation in a town they hadnt planned on as it happened on a weekend and had to wait until monday. Since then hes had an oil pump failure and an injector failure and a cam sensorfailure the first 2 left him on the side of the road the cam sensor happened right in the parking lot at work. He put an edge programmer on it about 6 months ago and was hot rodding it one day on an aggressive tune and ended up lifting the head gasket on the right bank. The stealership told him they have to lift the cab to pull the motor and its going to be big $$$$ just to do a head gasket so the truck is sitting until he can figure something out. The wife wants it gone shes been stranded enough in it her and the kids are afraid to go anywhere in it. I feel bad for the guy but at the same time he didnt do hardly any research before he bought it which is a big no no in my book.Have you driven a ford lately? :lol:

• Like 1

I'm not gonna get on the ford bash-wagon, because I've got friends with them that are having no issues. Then I've got friends that do have issues. My boss has an 05 350 DRW that he call his "thousand dollar truck" because every time he has to get something done, it's $1000.

• Owner

I'm not going to step on the Ford bashing either but I still say stay to the older stuff that is known and fixes on corrections can be made. Like on our Dodge's (24V) we know what the weakness are and deal with them accordingly. Just do the same with a older Ford or Chevy product research the weakness and deal with it! :wink:

Mentioned in the past I had an 05 Ford and all that happened in the first 20k of it's life. But it did teach me a valuable lesson. I look 3 times at a vehicle before considering buying it. Cost of that Ford with their problems and the extra I ended up paying to trade it in for my Dodge was to high for me. Why can't they take the best of all of them, make one truck for each weight class and make the public happy and wanting to buy a truck. Now a days it's 'take a best guess', 'pray and hope you got something worth your time and money'.

I'm not gonna get on the ford bash-wagon, because I've got friends with them that are having no issues. Then I've got friends that do have issues. My boss has an 05 350 DRW that he call his "thousand dollar truck" because every time he has to get something done, it's $1000.

Not bashing just telling of a friends experiences. In my opinion, Ford does make a good truck but since the 7.3 days there engine program has struggled. I know of a few 6.0 engines in the international 5 ton trucks and they have been ok the only problem i know that hes had was injector failure but in the ford pickups theyve got some different emissions equip and from what i see thats been theyre major failures. Not too many people own them around here, but everyone I see spends more time sitting in the driveway then running down the road :wink:

I wasn't bashing either.................well maybe just a little!!!!!:ashamed:Just relaying some diesel info from some folks that I know personally. Similar to that thread I linked over from the TDR about the one fellows on going nightmare with his Ford C&C company truck!!!

Been tried years ago... Remember AMC (American Motor Corp.)?

Sure do, but I'm not sure who was selecting the parts, they were questionable when they finished building them. Didn't see anything I liked or believed in. As for the Fords, after the last truck I had of theirs, (the 05 6.0 diesel) it might be a cold day in he** before I consider another. Everyone one I knew who had one got rid of it because of problems. Most issues was constant issues with all the equipment attached to the engine, not many with engine issues. How many times can a person have their trucks in the shop before they call it quits ? Only one left I personally know of that has his, but he's a die hard nothing but Ford guy, no matter what. Will say I've heard many positives with the newer Ford engine since then. But once burnt, always on guard.

Its time to put a real engine in that truck, pull the 6.0 and find a good used 300k miled 12v.:smart:

All pose that to them and see what they say. The truck is in really fine shape........just a POS engine in it!!!! How much for a quality rebuilt 12v?????:2cents::spend: Where to look???:duh::banghead:

• Staff

If they already own the 06 Ford... www.destroked.com http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Dodge-Ram-2500-3500-6-7-Turbo-Diesel-Engine-Motor-11-Cummins-ISB-6-7L-Motor-/190745767080?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c69556ca8&vxp=mtr www.hsperformance.com And bam! About as good as it gets. This is a very popular conversion for a reason, 06 Ford are nice bodies, and well we all know about the Cummins.

• Like 1

If they already own the 06 Ford... www.destroked.com http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Dodge-Ram-2500-3500-6-7-Turbo-Diesel-Engine-Motor-11-Cummins-ISB-6-7L-Motor-/190745767080?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c69556ca8&vxp=mtr www.hsperformance.com And bam! About as good as it gets. This is a very popular conversion for a reason, 06 Ford are nice bodies, and well we all know about the Cummins.

I'll forward the links and info. My guess is that they'll just go gasser though.:smart::duh:

i would be first up to buy a ford if they would have just put a cat in it. I have run 7.3 for the past 8 years at my old job. The truck i drove everyday was a f350 four door with 398,000ish. I believe when i left i was running on 7 cylinders and had been that way for at less year or so. Love how they are in side and how they ride power train was the killer.

We have a guy up here in ontario doing this swap to a 2004. I always liked how Ford trucks looked especially the crew cab dually, but the 6.0 scared me away. Just read that the 6.7 is also starting to suffer from some EGR cooler woes also. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/ontario/360294-2004-cummins-swap.html