• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What's the difference??

619hauler

My 04 is the cali model and with the smarty you will never know the difference

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the SSR? Or is the sr a different model?

They are referring to the S-06 which is the sr model of smarty compared to the J-06 which is the jr model. The jr has 3 power levels and the sr has 10.
  • Like 1

• Staff

The difference is programming. I think the piston cooling nozzles are different between the cali/so and the HO. Yes a Smarty takes a cali/SO and then makes them a HO and then adds power.That's the motor, other differences may be a 47RE trans or 10.5" rear axle, but I think that was isolated to the MY03 trucks.

No, stock will be stock (SO or Cali), but the modified tunes are based on HO tunes.

This is off the Mads website

Q. Which version of "stock" will the Smarty come with.

A. Smarty does NOT download the complete original software from the ECM and does not store it into it's memory. That

is for a simple reason. The protocol in the ECM does not allow to read the flash memory.

How can Smarty then return to stock? Simple he has all the latest stock softwares already on board. When you choose

to return the truck back to stock, Smarty takes the stock software from it's memory and updates the ECM with that

software.