• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
Mopar1973Man

Ubuntu Linux - Power Saving

Now that I got me a laptop to work from I wanted to get the most out of the battery life. Well after tweaking and tuning the laptop I'm at a low of 7-8 watts of draw on the battery and up to 4 hours of battery life. But now working it ranges about 10-12 watts and about 3 hours of battery life. Then I thought my desktop is no different if the inverter is running so I tune it as well but I can see the watt draw because its not a laptop. But I see different device have fell asleep and no longer reporting information on my Conky panel. I even got over zealous enough and put my USB keyboard/mouse transmitter on it and just about lock myself out of the computer because of the USB being put to sleep.:banghead: :lmao2::lmao:. What I'm playing with...

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install powertop
Then just run powertop as a superuser.
sudo powertop
Where most of this knowledge came from... https://lesswatts.org/index.php

I get 4 hours out of mine with all my crap running...raise your standards! Aim for 6 hours lol. I just looked and mine is at 21 watts so with you being half that you should be at 8 hours.. Maybe your battery is smaller. Eh let me look mine up. Ok its 8-cell 5400 mAH.

I was watching the wattage some more and noticed mine drops down to 8 watts as well. So you're gonna have to do better than that lol.

Posted Image

Sign in to follow this