• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Firewood

Mopar1973Man

Its freshly cut, but been dead for years. [ATTACH]4757[/ATTACH] Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I hear you, but you may be surprised how "wet" standing dead trees can be. The stuff you pictured is probably fine though, because of the small diameter. Remember Mikes, posts about the standing dead trees that were burned??????? He said the wood was getting "punky".................that's from moisture in the dead tree "rotting" the wood. For best efficiency and minimal creosote buildup in your chimney, firewood "ideally" should be 18-20% moisture. If your wood sizzles when you put in on hot coals and it takes a while for your wood to catch fire or you see water bubbling out of your wood, it's probably too wet. Firewood should make a sound similar to two baseball bats being tapped together. If you get a dull thud rather than a baseball bat type sound.......your firewood is not ideal.

• Owner

I hear you, but you may be surprised how "wet" standing dead trees can be. The stuff you pictured is probably fine though, because of the small diameter. Remember Mikes, posts about the standing dead trees that were burned??????? He said the wood was getting "punky".................that's from moisture in the dead tree "rotting" the wood. For best efficiency and minimal creosote buildup in your chimney, firewood "ideally" should be 18-20% moisture. If your wood sizzles when you put in on hot coals and it takes a while for your wood to catch fire or you see water bubbling out of your wood, it's probably too wet. Firewood should make a sound similar to two baseball bats being tapped together. If you get a dull thud rather than a baseball bat type sound.......your firewood is not ideal.

Mine is too wet... Practically dripping wet. I've got to have a good bed of coals and drop the wet stuff in with a few pieces of dry wood. I've only got 4 cords of dry wood but got 6 cords of wet. What happens when you work all summer on the fires and get back too late to split and stack it all.

Mine is too wet... Practically dripping wet. I've got to have a good bed of coals and drop the wet stuff in with a few pieces of dry wood. I've only got 4 cords of dry wood but got 6 cords of wet. What happens when you work all summer on the fires and get back too late to split and stack it all.

And what was MoparMom doing while you were galavanting around Idaho with the fire crew?????:whistle::stuned: Tending the fields???:lmao2: We've seen how you work her!!!