• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Who can figure out the difference between these 2 turbos..

Hmmm.I can see the housing color is different (silver vs dark blue/black), the compressor impeller is also different (7 vanes vs 8 vanes) and I see the lock nut on the compressor wheel is also different between the two models. The exit throat is also different between the two models.I am curious why are you asking for this input.

Hmmm.

I can see the housing color is different (silver vs dark blue/black), the compressor impeller is also different (7 vanes vs 8 vanes) and I see the lock nut on the compressor wheel is also different between the two models. The exit throat is also different between the two models.

I am curious why are you asking for this input.

Well that didn't take long lol. Because up until this point, I didn't think there was a difference. I ran across some riceburner thread that exploited each one since they want to know which trucks they want to break into. The blade count is the difference. Here is what the results were.

Posted Image

is that the 'silencer ring' thing I've read about? one has a smooth transition, the other has that notch. Quite an observation.... targeting which trucks will have better 'spoils'!! ahem... was that sarcasm, or truth? (rice burners are quite rare around here!)

Yeah thats the silencer ring. It's just a concave washer held in with a big snap ring that goes all the way around it.

In the gasser world, the 60lb/min turbo is rule-of-thumbed to support 600hp. My 550AWHP Subaru 2.5L pushed a 70lb/min Garrett GT-R turbo at only 22psi. Engine was built for well over 30psi, but I didn't have the fuel for it..

Besides, it was a daily driver and got 27mpg :)

Posted Image

(Pro-Formance was an old auto performance company of mine, back a few years ago)