• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

won't start

• Owner

Hmmm... Starter circuit is rather simple. The key triggers the relay in the PDC and has a fuse for going down to the starter. So for testing purpose unhook the brown wire on the starter and cover the end. Turn the key to start and check the starter fuse is it blown? If not then the starter has something internally wrong with the solenoid. But if its is blown there is a short in the brown wire between the relay and the starter solenoid.

I would check your main harness that runs by your left foot. O wait ill back up do what mike said first check grounds and everything before going to my step. I was up hunting and my truck wouldn't start ended up the main wiring harness had melted together by my foot.(to many POS roads) My truck keep blowing the 30 amp ignition fuse in the engine bay and the 20 amp in by the door. I also found that my head light switch the plug was melted where it had been hot from being loss from vibrating. I believe the ignition power travel through it also. The They have head light switch now you can get with the pig tail included.