Ubuntu Linux Web Server - Apache, PHP and MySQL

Mopar1973Man

• Administrator

Well Gang.With all that is happening with the site I'm going to create a second copy of the site locally on my own computer back home this will allow me to get more work done on the site, test it here locally before uploading the changes to the live server. Also allows me to have a second copy at home just in case of another hacker attack I'll be ready to push a copy back and bury him instantly.So out comes the Synaptic Package Manager... Installed Apache Web Server, PHP5, and MySQL Database server. I'll be a working twin of the site just lack of bandwidth to serve it. :rolleyes:This was actually posted for the small herd of Linux Guys out there like Rogan. I told you once before you created a monster teaching my the basics of Linux... :lmao::lmao2:

• Administrator

Webmin rocks, for sure. Are you running running Ubuntu Server or CentOS? CentOS is near identical to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server, to which I have servers running both Cent and RHEL..

Naw... Just Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop... I want to keep the GUI... Server is strictly terminal screen from what I've seen. :shrug:

Naw... Just Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop... I want to keep the GUI... Server is strictly terminal screen from what I've seen. :shrug:

let go of the GUI lol!

CentOS is GUI-based. I am unsure of the Ubuntu-Server, though..

- - - Updated - - -

GUI for Ubuntu 12.04 server: http://complete-concrete-concise.com/ubuntu-2/ubuntu-12-04-server/ubuntu-12-04-server-how-to-install-a-gui