• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Should Mopar1973Man.Com email users that been inactive more than 30 days?

Should M73M.com notify inactive member by email?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should M73M.com notify inactive member by email?

• Yes. Leave the setting as is.
    • No. Don't send email to them.
    • Change to the setting too...

• Owner

I need a vote on this one too. I want to hear from the gang as well. Currently the site will notify members that they have been inactive over 30 days. This will continue as long as the user remains inactive or if the member click the link that he no longer wants to be notified then the member is removed form the list.

So should the site notify these members of there inactivity?

Should the settings be changed?

Please explain your answer to your vote in your post.

Options I can change.

[*]How many days till they are consider inactive (currently after 30 days)

[*]Total number of email to send reminding the user (currently infinite amount of emails)

[*]How often should we remind the user that is inactive (currently every 30 days)

I need a vote on this one too. I want to hear from the gang as well. Currently the site will notify members that they have been inactive over 30 days. This will continue as long as the user remains inactive or if the member click the link that he no longer wants to be notified then the member is removed form the list.

So should the site notify these members of there inactivity?

Should the settings be changed?

Please explain your answer to your vote in your post.

Options I can change.

[*]How many days till they are consider inactive (currently after 30 days)

[*]Total number of email to send reminding the user (currently infinite amount of emails)

[*]How often should we remind the user that is inactive (currently every 30 days)

Does 'perusing' the site (logged in, of course) count as inactive, and only posting counts as active? Or is the fact of just logging in count as active?

30 days is a sufficient number, but an active user may not be as active as others.. 30 days is a long time to not log in.

every 30 is fine. if they are still inactive, and get tired of the reminder mails, then they can simply click the 'dont notify me'.. IMO, if they click to no longer be notified, then their account should be disabled.. Again, my opinion.

This does create more legwork from the admins/mods, but it is what it is..

• Owner

If you log in your counted as active regardless of posting. You can have a post count of zero but login every 29 days and still be active.Well actually if you look at the active member and inactive there is 1,065 of the family that is over 1 year inactive. :rolleyes:Stats of inactivity...2,007 over 30 days.1,499 over 1/2 year.1,065 over 1 year.420 over 2 years.72 over 3 years.6 over 4 years.This why I'm looking at the email options. If I'm sending out emails as reminders and I've got 250 relays to work with this amount of inactivity might be what is soaking up the email emails rather quickly in the night.So that why I decided to ask the member here what they thought.Other than that for a extra 50 relays it will add considerable amount to operation cost. I'm working with another site as of now with the same problem. So I'm better off triming the fat some how...

• Owner

Unless we're becoming one of "those" site wrapped around the numbers game... lol Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Those numbers (post, threads, and user) are meaningless to me really. The numbers game I enjoy playing you guys can't see nor does anyone play them. How about Google traffic numbers those number mean much more to me... :wink: As far as all the sites I manage I'm way ahead...:woot:

I think a reminder every 30 days is generous, but longer than a year is really going overboard.I would vote to be generous if that doesn't add overhead to your workload. I would also vote that if you are going to send out reminders you should put a limit on it.

In my view there are some that want to learn more... will log in often. And will be there to support others in problem solving.There are others who only are here (and probably other sites) as they scramble to solve a problem... but once their needs are met, they drift away... until they have needs again. I get reminders periodically from sites I've seriously scaled back or tried to leave but no longer have interest in. But their reminders will not bring me back. In many cases the reminders are just annoying. If I can't shut them off, I send them to spam. I think 30 days is fine, if no long on, can we go to 60 days? After a year, shut off the reminders. I don't know the harm in letting the accounts stay. On my site, we've never removed inactive members... but we don't send reminders either.

• Owner

Ok... So most of you agree that after 1 year time to pull the plug. Here is the hitch anyone with 1 post or more can't be deleted because of the simple fact if you do it converts all there post to "Guest" as a user name. Not cool I did this in the past. :doh: So I left it alone...So how about if the the user is over 1 year inactive and 0 post their account is deleted period end of story. But if the account has 1 or more post its move a inactive user group and pull out of main pile. This way I don't destroy the site with a bunch of "Guest" user names but remove them from active functions. Then the member can always notify me and I can enable his account if need be.So under that design there would be a total of 707 members deleted with accounts inactive for more than 1 year with zero posts. Then there would be 349 members inactive for more than one year with more than 1 post.Is this agreeable with the family members here??? :shrug:

• Like 2

• Owner

I'm with the rest, one notice and then gone after a year.

I think I like that idea... Send out a single notice at 11 months and then at 12 month remove/disable them. This would reduce a bunch of email traffic by the site. I'll get busty on this in the morning and see about getting email notices setup and old user purged out. I would like to thank you all for being active in this and helping me deisgn the site around the family members...:thumbup2::thumbup2:
  • Like 1

• Owner

Ok this is what I've done in regards to the old member issue. I created another User Group named it Lost Family Members. Now I'm capable of doing a database search for all member that are over 365 days of inactivity and move them to this group. This group is technically like a BANNED group but just a nicer name for it. So now that the users are moved there I can fish out with a second search of any family member with less than 1 post (Zero post) then I can delete them completely.As for the email notices they are now change to a single notice at 330 days (1 month before) before you account gets filtered out of the main family group. There is 1,008 user that got filter out of just the limited family and the standard family members.I've not deleted anything as of yet.Also I've included a notice banner to any remaining users left in the "Lost Family Members" group that if the should happen to return back to the site later they will be prompt to contact me to re-enable there account.