• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Should Mopar1973Man.Com email users that been inactive more than 30 days?

Should M73M.com notify inactive member by email?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should M73M.com notify inactive member by email?

• Yes. Leave the setting as is.
    • No. Don't send email to them.
    • Change to the setting too...

IMO, if you're 365 days or more inactive, you should be deactivated.. I can't tell you how many car forums Im still a member on, yet havent touched them in YEARS... honda-tech deactivates after a yr.. IIRC.

I agree...365 days is long enough. I was going to say 6 months but surely there are some Military members that are gone at times

I was about to mention military members. Although I'm no longer in the military, my son is and has been interested in buying a Ram diesel when he can. This is the only site I would and have recommend to anyone.Sorry for being one of the guys who hasn't been here in a while. I sometimes feel like I'm just reading since I'm definately no diesel expert (so I can't offer much advice) and my truck has been running great (knocking on wood) so I haven't needed advice.

• Owner

I was about to mention military members. Although I'm no longer in the military, my son is and has been interested in buying a Ram diesel when he can. This is the only site I would and have recommend to anyone. Sorry for being one of the guys who hasn't been here in a while. I sometimes feel like I'm just reading since I'm definately no diesel expert (so I can't offer much advice) and my truck has been running great (knocking on wood) so I haven't needed advice.

Here is some advise to all future members if you want your account to remain here then make at least one post. If there at least 1 post I will not delete the account. So like you DezrRat you made several post here so there is no way for me to delete it now. Also at the worst I would move your account to the Lost Family Members and it will be held till you return. Just call me and I'll re-activate your account and you'll be good to go. That simple... :thumbup2:

I say 0 posts and 6 month + inactivity = trash can.. Not either or, I'm talking they have to meet BOTH criteria. I don't see how that couldn't satisfy everyone. I mean if you've been on for 6 months and never posted then........

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think its a good idea to email. I frequently get on and do not post, most of the time its because I do not have a worthwhile statement to add, but I also have went for over a month and just not had time at home to get on, for some reason it is very difficult for me to use my mobile phone to view the forum (I do not have the tap to talk app), and that little white truck covers most of my screen, but I digress, with the difficulty of using my phone for posting and viewing, that is often times the only time I have available to get on the forum. So in short, there have been a few times I have been over the 30 day mark, and I would love to receive an email saying "get your arse in gear an post something" lol

• Owner

What does the lost family member group do?

Lost family members is a place holder for members that have 1 or more posts. This is to prevent the site being filled up with a bunch of "Guest User" which I've done in the past on a clean up. So This where the members go when they no longer visit the site.

I think its a good idea to email. I frequently get on and do not post, most of the time its because I do not have a worthwhile statement to add, but I also have went for over a month and just not had time at home to get on, for some reason it is very difficult for me to use my mobile phone to view the forum (I do not have the tap to talk app), and that little white truck covers most of my screen, but I digress, with the difficulty of using my phone for posting and viewing, that is often times the only time I have available to get on the forum. So in short, there have been a few times I have been over the 30 day mark, and I would love to receive an email saying "get your arse in gear an post something" lol

Your fine. As long as you got that single post you golden. You've got 20 as of now so you account won't go anywhere. As for after 365 days of no activity then an email is sent a week before. But as long as you log into the site the counter is reset.

We just got rid of the people who had been on a year and had posted nothing, ever... There are a lot of people who come in so they can do who knows what, look around, then leave and never come back. If you look on cumminsforum they have like uhh 198,000 members. Uhhhhhh at least half of them haven't been on in a year...I guarantee it. We are just trying to keep from having all of these dead names around, kinda like keeping rooms for kids that have moved out. We are making room for a bowling alley so their rooms gotta go! If they want to move back in later, we will accomodate. It's not like members can't just recreate an account in a matter of minutes...it's not like its some sort of disaster. If it were me I would have it automatically delete 0 post accounts with over 6 months on them. I don't mean 0 posts in the last 6 months, I mean 0 total forever....so guys who get busy for 6 months but have posted before would be fine.

• Owner

If it were me I would have it automatically delete 0 post accounts with over 6 months on them. I don't mean 0 posts in the last 6 months, I mean 0 total forever....so guys who get busy for 6 months but have posted before would be fine.

If so that would be another... Looking for 180 days and 0 posts. 271 members from limited 4 members from standard