• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
DezrtRat

Interior Electrical Issue

My truck has had some electrical issues with door locks and windows since I got it but the latest is weird. I can unlock my doors either with the key fob or the switch and they unlock when I turn the key off..normal; however, they won't lock in any of the mentioned ways (fob, switch, or when key is turned on). Once in a while they'll work so I assume there's a loose connection somewhere. So, before I start tearing apart areas that have nothing to do with it, could someone with experience in this area steer me in the right direction. Thank

I assume you're referring to the OE keyless entry system?Are they the original fobs?if they always unlock, but not always lock, it could be a programming issue, possibly.Also, they locks won't lock when the key is turned on (factory, anyway). Mine always locked at about 10-15mph or so.Out of curiosity, have you replaced the master switch assembly in the drivers door?

Will do when I get home. ThanksI forgot to mention that they won't lock using either interior power switch on the driver's or passenger's doors.

Will do when I get home. Thanks I forgot to mention that they won't lock using either interior power switch on the driver's or passenger's doors.

Sound like possibly the master switch Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

you can test, also:

pop out the driver's side switch assembly, unplug. Find Pink/Violet (pin 5)and Orange/Violet (pin1).

Using 12v and ground jumper wires, apply 12v (pin 3) to one of the violet-striped wires, and gnd (pin 2) to the other.. The door lock should trip (or unlock.) reverse your jumpers and repeat. the lock should trip the other way.

It's a 5-wire revering polarity design.

If this works, then I'd test the switch assembly for continuity of the adjoining pins in the switch.

Repeat this process for the passenger-side door switch assembly.

Drivers Side wiring:

1 - ORG/VIO - to Pass. pin 4

2 - BLK/ORG - to ground (also to drivers pin 4)

3 - RED - to 12V (fuse 19)

4 - see pin 2 above

5 - PNK/VIO - to Pass. pin 2

Pass. Side wiring:

1 - ORG/BLK - to lock motors

2 - PINK/VIO - to drivers pin 5

3 - RED - 12V (fuse 19)

4 - ORG/VIO - Drivers Pin 1

5 - PNK/BLK - to lock motors

That's my issue. I'd like to blame the problem on the driver's switch except it's also on the passenger side. Is the passenger side a slave and the driver's the primary, meaning is the passenger side routed through the driver's side?