• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

You don't need a different hose. Maybe a few inches of sewer pipe to stiffen the clamp area. I tried some nifty tubes & such but they didn't work out. What you'll need is something to cover the stock mounting studs through the fender or a platform to sit it on, some require chafe protection against the AC line. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/24-air-system/41-bhaf-big-honkin-air-filter

So, bungie cords would be a little redneckish, huh?

Not at all. I have a BHAF but I installed an aluminum heat shield to protect it from the turbo heat. Then I installed an Outerwears prefilter on the BHAF and bungee'd it down to the A/C line. Eric over at Vulcan Performance has both: http://www.vulcanperformance.com/Big-Honkin-Air-Filter-BHAF-p/bhaf.htm The Outerwears prefilter makes the BHAF last a LOT longer and looks good to boot. :thumbup2:
  • Like 2

You could keep the intake hose but the heat sheilds / boxes that AFE offers are all much too small for the BHAF. I think if you just took at the pictures in the thread I linked earlier, you'll easily see the differences. There are plenty of dry medium filters which would fit in your truck but the beauty of the BHAF is it's massive size.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have found another website to get the BHAF cheaper than vulcanperformance.com. I searched the cross reference part numbers for the BHAF and found everythingtruckparts.com has it listed under the WIX 42790 part number for $40.81. :thumb1: Shipping was also close to half the price that Vulcan said it would cost to ship to my house.

• Like 1

I have found another website to get the BHAF cheaper than vulcanperformance.com. I searched the cross reference part numbers for the BHAF and found everythingtruckparts.com has it listed under the WIX 42790 part number for $40.81. :thumb1: Shipping was also close to half the price that Vulcan said it would cost to ship to my house.

Great find! You are right. Vulcan has really raised the price on their filter. I was playing around with some other part#'s and found the Donaldson B105006 for $37.69. http://www.everythingtruckparts.com/donaldson-b105006-air-filter/ Here is the Wix 42790: http://www.everythingtruckparts.com/wix-42790-air-filter/ Thanks for the tip! :thumbup2:
  • Like 1

There is a cross over list & several similar sizes will work fine. I searched ebay with all the different brands & numbers. A Fram popped up, made for Fram by Donaldson according to the slip packed with it.BHAF part numbers & cross overFleetguard AH19037NAPA 2790WIX 42790 H=11.88” D=10.5”Donaldson B105006Baldwin PA2820Hastings AF1012Afe 20-40044Carquest 87790John Deere PMAH19037Big A 93790Caterpiller 3I0005Fleetrite AHR819037Luber-Finer LAF2531Fram CA6818 (Made for Fram By Donaldson)UNI 908

• Like 1

Thanks man, you saved me $12. Once I saw this post I imediately got on and ordered one. I have an S&B that is leaking that cleaning fluid into my turbo and intake. I've heard BHAF are the best and they last a long time. Thanks for the tip. Really helped out.

Thanks man, you saved me $12. Once I saw this post I imediately got on and ordered one. I have an S&B that is leaking that cleaning fluid into my turbo and intake. I've heard BHAF are the best and they last a long time. Thanks for the tip. Really helped out.

Not a problem bud. Always glad to help out with saving money.:broke: Just wish I could found a turbo for less lol.

- - - Updated - - -

To all: I'm gonna check on the John Deere part number and see what my cost is on it. If I can get them cheap enough I will pass the savings onto others. Give me a couple days to find out on it and I will post about it.

Not a problem bud. Always glad to help out with saving money.:broke: Just wish I could found a turbo for less lol.

- - - Updated - - -

To all: I'm gonna check on the John Deere part number and see what my cost is on it. If I can get them cheap enough I will pass the savings onto others. Give me a couple days to find out on it and I will post about it.

Just so you know, I doubt John Deere will be any cheaper. They are the most expensive parts out there. I might be wrong but I think it's a pretty slim chance.

Just so you know, I doubt John Deere will be any cheaper. They are the most expensive parts out there. I might be wrong but I think it's a pretty slim chance.

Well I'm an employee so I get a pretty good discount plus I get an extra 15% off filters in February. Picked up four oil filters for the truck for like 35 dollars:thumbup2:

Haha! Wow! I spoke too soon. How much was the shelf price?

Idk yet. Looked at it online and it showed 76.25 but where I go to look up parts Idk if it shows our cost or list price. It usually shows list but I hardly look up parts that way so I'm not for sure. I will call tomorrow and see. I just looked at receipt from oil filters and picked them up for $7.69 a piece plus tax.