• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

We have the 47e automatic transmission on our 99 Dodge Cummins... purchased with around 150K and we just rolled over 200K... When our truck was in the shop around 175K I asked our mechanic to flush the transmission and he was hesitant since we did not know whether the prior owner had regularly changed the fluids. Any thoughts? We are currently experience the torque lock problem around 45-50 mph that is addressed in several other posts on here... so we are going to replace the alternator in the next few days... So any other suggestions on preventative measures to prolong the life of our transmission would be great! Thanks

Last night I was reading through some of the other posts on here regarding automatic transmissions and it looks like many people have determined that the stock transmission was under powered for the engine. So I thought I read somewhere that someone decided to upgrade the torque convertor to prolong the life of their transmission. Do you think that is it worth doing so? Obviously a new torque convertor (let's just say $500 for the part) is a fraction of what a new transmission would cost... but I also want to make sure that it is time/money well spent.

Last night I was reading through some of the other posts on here regarding automatic transmissions and it looks like many people have determined that the stock transmission was under powered for the engine. So I thought I read somewhere that someone decided to upgrade the torque convertor to prolong the life of their transmission. Do you think that is it worth doing so? Obviously a new torque convertor (let's just say $500 for the part) is a fraction of what a new transmission would cost... but I also want to make sure that it is time/money well spent.

A billet input shaft, triple disc torque converter, and a valve body/shift kit. Depending on the use and abuse it would be a good investment to have it overhauled (clutches, bands, seals) while it is out for the torque converter. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2