• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A New Low

dorkweed

Just got done making a batch of fall Horseradish.:thumb1: My eyes are still watering and I do believe I burnt my sinuses and throat in the process!!!:stuned:It's still a beautiful thing though.:2cents:Normally I wait for a "good hard freeze" before I make it. However; we've not had one, we've had numerous "frosts"...............but not a hard freeze. The hard freeze kills the leaves above ground and sets the "stuff" into the roots. The leaves of my plants were dead, but I think that was mainly attrition of mild frosts!!!:smart:Haven't sampled it yet, but if the vapors are any indicator of heat; I think I did well!!!:thumb1:

Horse Radish grows wild around my mother inlaws farm and her neighbor just gave us a jar of home made stuff and it burn your sinuses from about a foot away from the jar but it is good...........at least the first couple mouth fulls and then you can't taste anything else for an hour afterwards.:stirthepot:I grew up with home made horse radish, like I say it grows wild here, but I can say the wild grown stuff is 50 times more potent than commercial stuff.:drool:You don't make it smell strong, that is just the make up of the root, some are stronger than others and it depends on the year and growing conditions much like any other plant.