• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dead Pedal, Timbo apps and codes

when my 02' is cold in the morning I have really bad dead pedal no power, until it warms up for several minutes. Then is runs fine for a while then until the truck is good and heated up I am getting intermittent dead pedal throughout the day. I checked the codes on the ignition and am getting P 1693, P 0122 and P 0216. I am not getting any white smoke and I am not getting any check engine light and no rough idling at all. I just replaced my apps with a Timbo apps sensor....still having the same problems. I've checked the maps sensors and both are clean. My question is does all this add up to a bad VP44 or is there something easier and less expensive I can check before diving into that. Sorry to be so long winded. Thanks in advance for any feed back.

Are you still running the stock lift pump? do you know what your fuel pressures are, idle and wide open throttle(WOT)? The 216 code is not a good sign for the vp, but not necessarily the death of it. Low fuel pressure will eventually kill it, but there may still be some life in it, mechanidally anyway. Electronically maybe not so lucky, low fuel pressure will take the elctronics also. It would also help if you go to the user cp and fill out your signature with details of your truck.

• Owner

Well you done it right since you have both codes present P0122 and the P0216 now after your Timbo's APPS replacement you should be down to the P0216 only? Am I correct? So if you still getting the P0216 code and dead pedal then the VP44 is next on the list of replacements. But bfore you order part do you have a fuel pressure gauge in the cab? What's the fuel pressure at idle and WOT?If the fuel pressure is below 10 PSI at any time your going to need a lift pump for sure.Now I just got done doing exactly this... Installed a ISSPro fuel pressure gauge, change a lift pump and installed a reman'ed VP44 injection pump. Everything is fixed for dead pedal but the stock fuel system is barely holding 9 PSI. So like I told the owner you might highly consider upgrading lift pumps to something better. Being stock lift pump is $179 bucks here at the local NAPA store and it marginal quality at best.