• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Nothing left to drive

flagmanruss

I finally put my car in the shop... the transmission is making noises that it shouldn't. IF the transmission proves to be something minor, then I keep the car & have a bunch of small jobs done. No sweat, I just have to drive my big 4X4 Dodge.I drove to town to get my Thanksgiving haircut... good thing I drive like a granny! I'm pulling up to the main road & the brake pedal kisses the floor & (as if I needed to be told) the red warning light BRAKES and the yellow warning light ABS come on. Brakes are out. Truck didn't stop until I was accross the sidewalk with the bumper into the travel lane. When I push the pedal & can hear it sucking air in & out. Scratch everything on my list for today. I carefuly drove it home, downshifting to slow it down... "Non-Stop". (LOL). I got nothing left to drive... except my mobility scooter (10 miles from town... not happening!)Russ

Well, we dropped the Cirrus off Sunday & they claim they "looked at it" but I bet it hasn't been touched. I had good luck with the first shop but a year or so ago, the guy had a new baby then & was expected to be up all night & wasn't able to work a full day... after a week with no work, I picked up my vehicle. His father was out sick as well. This year, no excuses. I don't mind waiting my turn in line... I waited several days to bring it in for this Monday (when they said)... but I'll not be pushed aside. But they've not done the first job... first part was to determine if the transmission rubber line repairs had collapsed as this is the determining factor in going ahead with going through it or quitting... but I've not gotten a call back. I can't wait on them to get the truck running. I'm going to take the truck to a local Wheel & Brake shop... They are closed until Monday but they said they'd work it in. I guess I need to scout some other shops that can actually get things done.I'm stuck with wifee chauffeuring me in a Hundai! HELP!! I can't bear the humiliation!edit:Really glad I didn't run out into the heavy traffic, would have wrecked the truck for sure & it would not have been pretty. Somebody could have gotten hurt bad.

Yesterday afternoon, I drove the truck by a circle route to the brake shop. I did have one unfortunate incident. I had to go through one light... a double light... It was green as I approached. Just as I got there, traffic came up on the side street & it changed. Well, it was yellow when I went through the first signal but the second was red by the time I cleared the second light. I managed the rest of the route without doing anything questionable. There were few vehicles at the brake shop... I left it with a OMG NO BRAKES!! note hanging from the visor.I had to drive wifee's Hundai (OMG!) & checked on the truck... the left front suspension was soaked with brake fluid. Thought they could start this afternoon. Probably a day or 2 once they start.I stopped to see the Cirus... the shop had it inside. YES!! The mechanic feels the geary noise which varies with engine speed is not the transmission but the PS pump. With this plus the timing belt will take a day or 2... if they are working on it!Progress! :)

I'm interested in the failure also.I'm parked in humid region on gravel, have rust issues underneath. Previously I got stuck for a mechanic drilling out the bolts that anchor the front brake lines near the wheels. The shop also questioned the rubber brake like to the rear axle where the crimped on collar was badly rusted last year. I've wanted to get under with POR15. When the exhaust rusted out I went to SS. The seats on the front axle where the springs sit, rusted out & I had a major expense when I had new parts fabricated & installed. (Dodge says to buy a new axle housing.) I wonder if these brake lines shifted when they repaired the axle, allowing it to rub. I'll post the results.

• 2 weeks later...