• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Guage install info

I've seen a million of these guage install forum posts and I hate to start another one but Im kind of partial to this forum and the diesel truck site forum. I have a boost guage, fuel pressure guage, trans temp guage and an EGT guage. Its going in my 98 24 valve (which isnt running yet because Im waiting for my VP44 and lift pump).

Im just looking for pointers here and there. things to do and not to do...etc. Just little tricks that people have learned over the years

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your help stodge73...you always seem to pull through for me....lol

I didn't like the window post mount offered. Looked Cheap. I hand fabricated my own post mount. Used 2inch abs pipe. Cut and fit into original post cover. Feathered in 2in abs with JB weld. Painted whole thing with hobby paint. Guages just fit into the 2in abs. A small touch of silicon rubber locks them in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here.....where do I get the 4 gauge set (trans temp,egt,fuel pressure and engine temp)as well as the pillar mount? Thanks guys.:think:

I don't know of a 4-gauge pillar setup. I can tell you, though, that the 3-gauge is all you really have room for, on the A-Pillar. And that, in itself, is enough to block your view at times.. I (personally) hate the pillar mount location, but that's where mine are currently located.

I originally had 1 gauge on the pillar, then went to a 3 gauge setup. I kept the 1 gauge setup and had the idea to trim it on the bottom end of the gauge. I was able to make it fit above the 3rd gauge and the roof line. I have not installed it for two reasons. 1st because I haven't needed to take the gauges down and 2nd because I don't know what other gauge I would use!