• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bobcat mini excavator

JOHNFAK

Got to dig a big trench so hired one of these. Anyone know if there are any concerns with jib/bucket location for unloading ? I wouldn't think so as just coming off a small utility trailer with ramps So assume I can just role off the trailer with bucket weight in either direction eg forward or backward

I rented one last year. I (personally) felt a little more comfy by bringing it on/off my trailer with the bucket to the rear, and fairly close to the ground.. sort of a 'wheelie bar', for lack of a better term, since my trailer's ramps are a little on the steep side for something so short..

• Like 1

I rented one last year. I (personally) felt a little more comfy by bringing it on/off my trailer with the bucket to the rear, and fairly close to the ground.. sort of a 'wheelie bar', for lack of a better term, since my trailer's ramps are a little on the steep side for something so short..

That is the best way. If need be you can put the bucket on the ground to keep from tilting as bad.
  • Like 1

We rented one a couple years ago and unloaded it with the bucket on the front o the trailer and backing it off. Those are fun, would love to come play!

Heck should have txt .... We are starting early today was looking for a driver !! Looks like its going to be me now on a quick learning curve :)

I agree with JR, but my butt-hole will only draw up "so" tight. Now if I still ran heavy equipment daily (used to be my profession), it'd be a different story.. I'd put my Cat 992C FEL and my Cat 773B into some crazy situations, but felt comfortable in doing so.

Hey John, is that bobcat a 331 by chance?

It may feel like its going to tip, but trust me theyre much more stable than you would think. You can even swing over to the side and track on/off the trailer to make it easier to see where your going.

Yessir and your right was very stable and no problems what so over even driving it for first time very intuitive and actually a bunch of fun

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

I used to run a 337 long arm and a 442zts quite a bit. Bobcat makes pretty good machines, one of the last manufactures still "Made in the USA". :mad:

Made right here in North Dakota actually. But it was bought out by a Korean company Doosan about 3 years ago and the first thing they did was close a huge manufacturing facility in Bismarck laying off several hundred folks making 40-70K a year. Was a huge loss for the area and the facility sat empty and with the economy couldn't sell a facility like that. But they have moved back into it and started making skidsteer attachments in the facility again, a fraction of what used to be there. It was where they made mini excavators and skidloaders. There is still a couple other Bobcat plants in SE ND. Head quarters is in Fargo ND.