• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cruise Control?

Yesterday afternoon I read every post about Cruise Control on this forum. There was only one personHEAVY DUTY aka Delano Watts, that had the same problem as I have. There was never a conclusion or remedy to solve his problem, his thread just went dead. I am telling this story so everyone knows that I honestly tried to solve this by myself using information supplied by members. With this said I will submit my problem and hope to find a remedy.My cruise control has never worked sence I have owned this truck. When I press the CC button on the steering wheel the green lite, lites up as It should. The vacuum required to operate the HVAC heater/defroster works as It should. I have not messed with the vacuum pump which could I guess contribute to the problem. I have read about the clock spring which I suspect could be the problem.?Can someone chime in with some useful information? Thanks members

okay, kerley..

If the green LED illuminates, the clock-spring is probably fine. This is testable, as well, as the CC wiring is fairly simple... with one hitch.. the PCM controls a lot of the CC functionality.

I'd start by testing continuity between wire end-points.. Knowing all wires have good continuity between points takes any wiring issues out of the equation.

Check the vacuum line at the servo (under the forward-most portion of the left battery box.) Ensure there is vacuum present, as well as a good connectivity. It isn't "that" uncommon for battery acid deteriorating the vacuum line.

Posted Image

I'm also fighting a lack of cruise control functionality.. But you're already ahead of the game.. your light comes on.. Mine doesn't..

• Like 1

what's crazy is my old blue '96 was a base model, and didn't have cruise.I went to the junkyard, bought the cruise buttons, clock-spring, and servo from a 5.2L gas truck.Came home, installed the parts (15 min), and instantly had cruise.. :thumbup2:This '97 came with cruise, but the servo was missing, for whatever reason..The clockspring was toast, so I ordered a new one.I've put it in, along with a servo, and I've still got nothing..

• Like 1

Rogan,Weird, my servo was missing too.... Plug hanging there, but no bracket. I got a servo out of a junk truck, (so not sure if it works or not... could be part of the problem.)in the back of my mind, I have wondered if mine should not have a servo, because if I am not mistaken, the 02 model did all the cruise through the PCM (mine is the 01.5). But since I had the pigtail hanging there, I figured it would use it. my light comes on when I arm it, but no other response.... Thanks for the wiring diagram. Will try and sort it out a bit when I have time. (the fenders will be off soon, so it will be a good time to peek at it.)Hag

• Like 1

Rogan and Kerley, I am in similar boat. My cruise is also not working (more like Kerley's...) Hope to have some time soon to look at it.... Hag

If you figger yours out let me know and I'll do the same. I guess I'm kind of like you, more pressing things to do. Best of luck~Kerley