• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Possible CCD.. NEED HELP

My Tach, oil pressure, and engine temp gauges stop working all of a sudden. My Speedo and Voltmeter still work. I have had this truck for about 4 months now and this is about the 3rd time this has happened. It will sometimes randomly jar or jump while driving or idling. Nothing is happening at any intervals so I am not sure what it is. Last time this happened it lasted a couple days and it all started working again. I had one battery that needed replaced so I have a one new battery( the factory battery so it lasted 10 years). I hooked the code reader and it gave a no bus code. I forgot the number though. Hope somebody can help. Thanks

• Owner

I had one battery that needed replaced so I have a one new battery

Need to replace the other one because the older battery will ruin the newer battery.

So you need to go over the CCD network wiring and check all the connectors.

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/general-cummins/34-engine-system/81-ccd-data-bus

Posted Image

The other battery was just bought when I got the truck a couple months ago. I have not investigated under the dash yet but I did investigate under the hood today and found out that the big plug under the fuse panel and the big the connector that is named "Engine Inline" the locking nut is stripped out and is not locking all the way down and was wondering if that could be a possibility?