• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

To Sport or not to Sport, that is the question....

Will be putting new headlamp assemblies in.I sort of had my heart set on putting sports in. 4 headlamps HAVE to be better than two. (no I am not doing the projector bs etc. I would consider "crystal clear" etc stock replacements)I noticed there are far more choices for single bulb solutions. In the back of my mind I remember a couple people mentioning that the 2 bulbs in the housing didn't provide good reflective backs etc.I have ZERO concerns about new wiring. (either way, I will be going to control relays) The price difference (quad vs dual) is not significant enough to make the difference.Which will give me better lighting without UNINTENTIONALLY blinding others. (sometimes they do deserve it...)all suggestions greatly appreciated! Even the stfu ones!Have a Merry Christmas!!Hag

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am new to this forum and like it very much. Alot of 2nd gen topic discussions here.:thumbup2: I have a '00 with the sport headlights, I feel they have better low beams than the regular headlights. My father has a '98 with the regular healights and I don't like them. The high beams are also brighter with the sport. I have added Hella 500 fog and driving lights with additional Hella optilux fog lights that aim in ditch. The 4 fog lights turn on together with a toggle switch and the 2 driving lights with the high beams. I work on farms and drive tractors with a dozen or so lights and I have grown use to having a well lit vehicle. I also added 4 rear facing flood lights. I wouldn't have to hook up another trailer in the dark.:) I added the lights and bumper after I fixed the truck after hitting a deer.:mad: I like the sport or quad lamps and have no complaints about them.

• Like 2

Hey ABennin welcome to the site. Thats a serious bumper is it a pushbumper off a wrecker? Thats what it reminds me of anyhow its pretty sweet!

Thank you for welcome. Yes it came off a '86 Ford F350 wrecker, it was made by Holmes. I found it on craigslist and it required some modifications to fit on the truck. Spent $200 total on it, sure beats spending over 1k on some of those new ones.

I think I will try the sports then.I emailed Daniel Stern... are they still in business? I am not going to beg a vendor to sell me a product.... I never got a response from them, so I ordered parts from else where...What are the best bulbs to use? Mainly for the high beam. I don't want my low beams to blind people. Hag

Got my new lights in and the low beams are brighter than my old ones but I need to get a wiring harness because only the two inside bulbs light up with the highs on. Where is the best place to get a harness? Daniel Stern sells all the pieces but you have to provide wire and wire it all up yourself, would kinda like more of a plug and play.

I found painless performance has a kit #30816. I think this should work, but I would contact them to make sure. They want north of $200 each.:stuned: Two would be required for the quad lamps. So far summit racing has the cheapest Painless kit I can find at $174. The Daniel Stern, if you can get it doesn't look so bad cost wise if you don't mind wiring it. I didn't find anything bad about the painless kit. Just it seems expensive to me. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/prf-30816 http://www.painlesswiring.com/webcatalog/largeview.php?SearchField=30816

Hey Ryan, have you figured anything out on a harness? I picked up a used set off an 02 today, theyre not as good as new, but the lenses are still overall in good condition. post-11861-13869819579_thumb.jpgThey look alot yellower in the picture for some reason. For 45 bucks, I figured I wouldnt be out much if I decide one day to go to HIDs instead. Now I just need to get a harness together and Ill be good to go.

Not yet, Daniel Stern has not returned my call or email yet. There is a member here that made his own harness a few years ago and he has all the part numbers and all but im scarred to dive in.:lmao: Do you need bulbs for your new lights? I have the 4 that came with mine but I ordered some that Mr. Stern recommended so I dont need these.