• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

D-Max gets spanked!

cowtipper

Is this the video which that has been going viral the last couple days?

Not so sure it was a D-max though, there is no info as to if it was or not, didn't sound like it. And at about the 1:10 minute frame you can see the exhaust pipe on the chevy which looks to be a gasser sized pipe to me.:2cents:

Language Warning!!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MqiFM7AB78&feature=player_embedded

That is likely the video. I will never understand why folks like to chain up this way as I don't feel it proves anything.

Rumors (so I take them for what they are) are everywhere on the "character" of the two involved and even worse...just how far these two have taken this situation...someone possibly pulling a gun out at the end. Either way...they both have some growing up to do in my opinion. :cookoo: Instead of teaching someone a lesson, I feel all they did was escalate a bad situation into something much worse if any of the stories I've read are true.

Of course I'm becoming an old fart according to some who know me, so opinions may vary hahaha :think:

That is likely the video. I will never understand why folks like to chain up this way as I don't feel it proves anything.

Rumors (so I take them for what they are) are everywhere on the "character" of the two involved and even worse...just how far these two have taken this situation...someone possibly pulling a gun out at the end. Either way...they both have some growing up to do in my opinion. :cookoo: Instead of teaching someone a lesson, I feel all they did was escalate a bad situation into something much worse if any of the stories I've read are true.

Of course I'm becoming an old fart according to some who know me, so opinions may vary hahaha :think:

The comment section for the video was locked or closed on the tube so it must have gotten fairly "Interesting":doh:

And if indeed the original video posted in this thread was the one I posted that was deleted then it would suggest a bit of "Conflict".

• Owner

Never does prove anything... :rolleyes:There is a secret to tug-o-wars between truck the truck with the higher stance will typically win because as the shorten stance truck starts to pull he will be pulled upwards loosing traction as the weight of the smaller stance truck is pull down on the taller giving traction. After that torque takes over and you get the above video. The difference in stance can be as small as a few inches and still make huge difference.

All that proves is who has the most traction... Unless the motor is a transplant its a Dmax.

I added some info in my OP At the 1:10 point and on you can see the exhaust pipe and to me appears to be a gasser sized pipe.:shrug: And from the sounds I hear unless it was background noise other than the cummins I hear no D-max sound. But with my bad hearing that holds no merrit. I wonder if he has flat spots on his tires and Skid marks in his shorts and a foul smelling seat now.:whistle:

• Staff

Dmax's have very small OEM tailpipes in that era. They appear the same as an 8.1 gasser. I don't hear any dmax sound either, but the GM never lets off the brakes so I don't think he ever revved it up. It looks like he was waiting for the Cummins to break traction and then drag him. I don't recall where GM has the duramax label on that year group.

You would be surprised how much people can let their ego get the better of them especially if theyve been drinking. I was at a big wedding party several years ago. The reception/party was held in an emptied out equipment shop and everybody was parking in the field next to it. Two guys were parked right next to each other, one ina brand new ranger and the other in a brand new tacoma. Both of these trucks still had 30 day tags from the dealer. Well as the night progressed the guy with the ranger kept getting drunker and the drunker he got the more belligerent he got. Kept antagonizing the guy in the tacoma, telling him he bought a japanese pos, calling it every name in the book. Kept taunting him to "hook em up". The guy with the tacoma ignored it for a few hours, he wasnt even drinking so he had alot more sense in him. Eventually he broke, and next thing you know theyre out in the field backing up to each other. Hooked up about a 20 foot chain, tightened up on each other, and away they went. It didnt take but a few seconds and the tacoma with the posi started making way. Drug the idiot in the ranger around in a big circle and was making his way from the field to the big clearing where there was a bonfire. He was still turning in a big sweep when they passed a row of pines. The tacoma cleared them, ranger didnt. He caugt the tree right in the driverside taillight and went right down the side of the truck. Completely smashed the fiberglass fender (stepside bed), tailgate, blew the window out of the side of the extended cab door, and crinkled both doors. The only panel that went untouched was the front fender. Needless to say, the guy inthe ranger came out swinging. He didnt stand much of a chance as drunk as he was and the guy in the tacoma was sober, and mr ranger got his nose broke in the squabble. I cant even imagine how he ever explained it to his insurance company, but I would bet he learned his lesson.

Some information/discussion/drama...if any are interested can be read on the Duramax Forum. I posted link below, but if that is inappropriate, I apologize and mod please delete it. Thanks http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/general-discussion/150508-dodge-vs-chevy-tug-war-goes-too-far.html

I am not going to look at it but for sake of question does anyone there know if it was a D-max?

I couldnt get past the first few pages, but many of them were claiming it was a gasser. I dont think any of them knew the people in the video, but I didnt read through the whole thread. Lots of big macho claims of manhood and even more vulgarity, I was starting to feel like I didnt belong there and had to leave :stuned:

I clicked on the youtube link to get it open and see the description. Tells what we apparently didn't see.

A Chevy truck owner talked way too much crap, and this is what happened. They guy in the Dodge went way too far. A few blows were exchanged afterwards, and the cops almost showed up.

• Owner

I couldnt get past the first few pages, but many of them were claiming it was a gasser. I dont think any of them knew the people in the video, but I didnt read through the whole thread. Lots of big macho claims of manhood and even more vulgarity, I was starting to feel like I didnt belong there and had to leave :stuned:

Same here.

There is a lot of sites with this kind of mind set of everyday competition with each other. As for the video I still this its a lame idea to even compare by chaining up. If you want to compare truck take them to the dyno or out to the quarter mile track and race. Not drag another truck around on a chain that's just stupid, wreckless, careless, etc...

• Like 1