• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gov't, Politics, Religious Forums?

Should we add a politics and religious forum to the site?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add a politics and religious forum to the site?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other. Please explain in post.

• Owner

I know there has been quite a bit of Gov't and religious topics popping up and since the last biggy with /threads/6920-Guns?highlight=guns">Guns... went over rather well and didn't spin out of control. I want to Thank ISX for your moderator skills. Never the less I want to add Gov't & Politics forum and a Religious forum to the site. Ok. Before you all jump all over this I want to be by invitation only and moderators will have the ability to boot a member out, lock threads, etc as needed. So no views are going to force apon anyone but if you want to continue a particular topic you can join the forum. Then both forums will not be public viewable and you'll be required to be a member of the group to read the topics. What say you guys and gals out there?

• Owner

Just so there is a fence there between the public forum and the other forums. This now gives control back to the moderators and then keeps someone from just stumbling into the forum and then getting upset over a thread or post. More or less you would have to agree to be civil and courteous to your fellow family members and views. I know both of these subjects are rather hard to deal with so the boundary is helpful.

Just so there is a fence there between the public forum and the other forums. This now gives control back to the moderators and then keeps someone from just stumbling into the forum and then getting upset over a thread or post. More or less you would have to agree to be civil and courteous to your fellow family members and views. I know both of these subjects are rather hard to deal with so the boundary is helpful.

Ok, I see. What I highlighted fom your post i would like to think is a natural thought on being a memeber of this forum. My motto...if you can't express yourself in a polite respectful manner..keep your trap shut! lol :tongue:
  • Like 1

I love you Dobienut! Mike confers with me about polling this issue, writes 2 paragraphs explaining himself, and you come along and say it all in one sentence....basically, if you can't behave, keep your mouth shut!!!! You got it. Love MM

I love you Dobienut! Mike confers with me about polling this issue, writes 2 paragraphs explaining himself, and you come along and say it all in one sentence....basically, if you can't behave, keep your mouth shut!!!! You got it. Love MM

:pant::lmao:...made my day!

I would just set them for members only.. Don't do any of the other crap, just make it so only if you are logged in, you can see it. We don't have issues like big forums where stuff gets out of control. Truth be told I simply talked to most of the guys in the Guns thread and figured out their stance, corrected the flow of the thread and opened it back up, problem solved. I know a lot of people avoid these topics and it might mean members avoiding the whole site if they see these things too early (before being a member and figuring us all out). That's why I say just make it members only, but I think we are civilized enough to govern ourselves within the forum.

I'm thinking get rid of the premium and whatever else members sections there are that nobody posts in, leave the computers subforum there, move the lighter side into a subforum, change it's title since it doesn't seem to be well defined, add religion/politics subforum as well. So then we have :

[*]General Conversations

[*]Country Living

[*]Computers

[*]Religion/Politics

• Like 1

I like the sounds of it all. I kind of like the political/religious forum to be by invite as well, seems to work on other forums. That way someone who is unsuspecting doesn't wonder in and become overwhelmed. They would have to purposefully want to be in that section and have to be given access.Just my :2cents:

• Like 1