• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Power steering pump & brake issues

My son`s 99 has been leaking power steering fluid from the gearbox for some time now, and due to:broke: ..he has just kept adding fluid.Well he just called after leaving for work this morning and said he does`nt have any power steering, and only has rear brakes.I`m pretty sure that repeatedly running the PS low on fluid has toasted the pump.I`m not exactly familiar with how the power assist works here, but I`m assuming that a new pump, gearbox, and steering shaft are now top of the agenda..

Yeah, his steering gear has been leaking badly for awhile. He works 12 hours a day 6 days a week trying to buy a house with a baby on the way:ahhh:I`m gonna help him out today... I picked up a new pump, steering gear, new high pressure lines, return line, and a filter for around $ 300 bucks at Autozone.. which ain`t too bad IMO.The steering shaft has some play in it.. and I was suprised Autozone does not carry a replacement. Geno`s carries a BD replacement thats a little pricey but is probably worth the investment later. Anyway hopefully this will get him fixed up for awhile.