• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How many riders are out there?

diesel4life

Hidden

I have had and rode many through the years. I started on 3-wheelers a Honda 110, then a Honda 185s then a 250R. Then I had a dirt bike phase, a RM125 and then RM250 that was fully modded.After a couple of crashes I went to 4-wheelers.I had 3 different Yamaha Banshee's the last one being an absolute beast!.Now like some of you I am married with kids to think about so I currently have a Grizzly.Here is a pic of the Grizz with the new tires I got for hunting season...

post-12459-13869819674_thumb.jpg

I have had and rode many through the years. I started on 3-wheelers a Honda 110, then a Honda 185s then a 250R. Then I had a dirt bike phase, a RM125 and then RM250 that was fully modded.After a couple of crashes I went to 4-wheelers.I had 3 different Yamaha Banshee's the last one being an absolute beast!.Now like some of you I am married with kids to think about so I currently have a Grizzly.Here is a pic of the Grizz with the new tires I got for hunting season...

post-12459-138698196745_thumb.jpg

I started out my bike riding on a Honda 90. Rode the trails and woods around home. Then I progressed up to a Honda 250 Scrambler.Took that to college and even used it hunting to transport myself and equipment from the car parking area to the edge of the wilderness area where camp was set up.Moved up to Honda and Suzuki big bike cruisers.Refind my hunting transportation when I acquired the Grizzley 660.

post-11041-13869819679_thumb.jpg

post-11041-138698196796_thumb.jpg

I purchased a Cherokee a few months ago to build a trail machine. After years of beating my self up riding dirt bikes and sport quads I finally transferred to the comfort of an enclosed machine. I have several friends and associates that wheel on a regular basis. Anyway, Gonna be a slow build, but once I get moved and have a place to work on it regularly it will come along nicely I hope. I just sold my Harley about a year ago, sold my quad, sport bike, all of the fun toys. Its time to get back to some fun.

I purchased a Cherokee a few months ago to build a trail machine. After years of beating my self up riding dirt bikes and sport quads I finally transferred to the comfort of an enclosed machine. I have several friends and associates that wheel on a regular basis. Anyway, Gonna be a slow build, but once I get moved and have a place to work on it regularly it will come along nicely I hope. I just sold my Harley about a year ago, sold my quad, sport bike, all of the fun toys. Its time to get back to some fun.

Having built several Cherokee crawlers, iron rock offroad has a great (inexpensive) long arm kit. I had 10" lift on my last one and used grand Cherokee 8" coils in the front. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

true... on the ultimate part.... at least the 'bike' doesn't run back to the barn when it bucks off it's rider! I've come up with some pretty explicative words on those long 4-5 mile walks home afoot!

Not to mention the food and vet bills that go along with those hay burners! :2cents:

Been riding off road and on road my whole life. Dirt in the winter street in the summer. Have had about a hundred different bikes. Currently a bmw k12rs, husaberg te 300, husaberg fe 550, Honda crf 450, wife has a crf450 x, daughter has a Honda 230 f, and four year old just started rippin a fifty about two months ago

- - - Updated - - -

I go trail riding all the time on my 06' ktm 300 xcw. In the last 2 years I have probably put 500 miles on my bike. It's the funnest thing ever.

Man we should hook up. Ill be at finger lakes in two weeks. I have friends in Columbia too. I was there last week and got rained out. Finger lakes isn't big but you gotta love that track and the Missouri mud!!ill be there on the sixteenth of this month.

post-11816-138698196912_thumb.jpg

Rogan, we're you running a 3 link or 4 link LA?

3link.

Flex

Posted Image

Posted Image

front setup

Posted Image

Installed

Posted Image

Droop

Posted Image

Next to a stocker

Posted Image

Two of em together..

Posted Image

My daughter trying to get in it..

Posted Image

The trans controls..

Posted Image

Parkin on a rock ( ~4' tall boulder)

Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Very nice Rogan,That is actually the kit I was initially planning to go with, the price point is right, but there are a couple of things I read about that can or could cause some issues.  I have read and was shown proof of the caster adjustment becoming worn/spreading apart and allowing it to move causing some major issues In addition to that, there were several complaints about the small factory size 10MM bolt that holds the 3rd link to the stump being a weak point as it is not upgraded to a larger bolt like other kits and therefore you have one 10mm bolt taking all the abuse for the front axle as opposed to 2 from the factory.  I do want to do a 3 link but I have considered going with the Clayton 6.5" kit with all the big nasty Johnny joints and the truss mount with a 3/4" bolt.  Figured I might as well go all out the first time.  I see you locked out 1st gear, I assume you did it via the solenoids that control the shifting. Can you elaborate a little on the location and procedure you went through on doing that?

Very nice Rogan, That is actually the kit I was initially planning to go with, the price point is right, but there are a couple of things I read about that can or could cause some issues.  I have read and was shown proof of the caster adjustment becoming worn/spreading apart and allowing it to move causing some major issues In addition to that, there were several complaints about the small factory size 10MM bolt that holds the 3rd link to the stump being a weak point as it is not upgraded to a larger bolt like other kits and therefore you have one 10mm bolt taking all the abuse for the front axle as opposed to 2 from the factory.  I do want to do a 3 link but I have considered going with the Clayton 6.5" kit with all the big nasty Johnny joints and the truss mount with a 3/4" bolt.  Figured I might as well go all out the first time.  I see you locked out 1st gear, I assume you did it via the solenoids that control the shifting. Can you elaborate a little on the location and procedure you went through on doing that?

Concerns are understood, and (IMPO) easily remedied by replacing the diff bushing and modding the adjuster. Clayton ( I remember him from way back, when we wheeled together in Gore, VA, years and years ago, before Clayton's Off-Road was a thought..) :) His stuff, IMO, is 2nd to none. But the pricing was way out of my league. As for the lockout switches, etc., yes. I'll look for my notes and post them for you. It may take me a couple of days, though..

Lots of riders it looks like. My first was a bridgstone 90 and then a BSA victor I rode enduros with up in Michigan. Several of the Yamaha DT-1s & RT-1s doing motocross before you could buy one out the box. Had a cool little 67 Suzuki X6 Hustler 250 6 spd. Not near enough room to list em all, being I used to buy auction bikes and resell them and had hundreds. I currently have 98 Intruder that I got tagged on a couple weeks back while sitting at a light. Got a ratbike KZ-1000 and GS-1000 sz Katana one of 3500 made waiting to be restored. Most fun was flat tracking with a Montesa capra 250 at county fairs when I was a kid. Its all good, still riding at 60 just dont mix the beer and two wheels anymore as parts of my body are crooked from past mistakes. I have posted a few pics of the bikes I have restored or built. Also a pic of the rear fender from my love tap a few weeks back.

post-11955-138698197001_thumb.jpg

post-11955-138698197007_thumb.jpg

post-11955-138698197016_thumb.jpg

post-11955-13869819729_thumb.jpg

post-11955-138698197301_thumb.jpg

post-11955-13869819731_thumb.jpg

post-11955-138698197319_thumb.jpg

post-11955-138698197325_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My current ride. When not playing with the truck its riding time.What bike is best: Easy answer: The one you are on while you in the wind.Been riding way to many years to bash any ones choice of bikes.I started on a Whizzer many years ago. Some where I have a photo of 4 generations on wheels post-12404-138698197434_thumb.jpg

• Like 1